Stability

Suggest features and improvements

Stability

Postby djdpuk on 16 Oct 2015, 14:33

I really like Mixvibes Cross (Especially the video section) but my main problem is the stability of the software..

I downloaded Cross 3.3.11 yesterday and hooked it up to my MacBook pro, Pioneer DJM 900 nexus and 2 x CDJ2000nexus and tried to have a bit of a mix with them.

With in the space of 20 minutes it crashed 4 times and I subsequently swore at it several times and turned it off in a huff!!!

Why is the software so un-stable??? Am I doing something wrong??

My set up is 17" MacBook Pro with Yosemite, USB hub with the DJM and CDJ's connected to it running in HID mode. I would also like to get my XDJ 1000's and DDJ SP1 to work with it as well, but that's for another day..

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Dan
djdpuk

Re: Stability

Postby RoJeC on 16 Oct 2015, 18:46

Please make your crash files available. It's not normal for Cross to crash, let alone in the time frame you mention.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby djdpuk on 16 Oct 2015, 18:53

How do I make them available?
djdpuk

Postby Henry Jay on 17 Oct 2015, 06:29

Infelizmente é normal sim!!!

Apesar de acontecer menos na ultima versão, o problema ainda acontece... é o tipo de bug que um software de uso ao vivo não pode ter (é péssimo não fazerem nada concreto sobre isso ainda)

Although happen less in the last version , the problem still happens ... is the kind of bug that a live performance software might not have ( sucks doing nothing concrete about it yet )
Henry Jay

Postby Henry Jay on 17 Oct 2015, 06:33

RoJeC wrote:Please make your crash files available. It's not normal for Cross to crash, let alone in the time frame you mention.

It's not normal :eek: :eek: :eek:
Henry Jay

Postby RoJeC on 17 Oct 2015, 08:17

djdpuk wrote:How do I make them available?

When you reply to a post you have the option to upload attachments.

After upload please select the files uploaded to be 'placed inline'. This option is visible in the attachment area after you upload the file.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby Teo Mars on 16 Feb 2016, 04:56

I believe that Pioneers asio drivers are 32bit, so use Cross 32 bit if you did not do it already. Worked for me to keep mixing whit Pioneer gear stable.
Teo Mars

Postby Henry Jay on 03 Mar 2016, 05:05

Teo Mars wrote:I believe that Pioneers asio drivers are 32bit, so use Cross 32 bit if you did not do it already. Worked for me to keep mixing whit Pioneer gear stable.

With Pioneer hardware is only possible to use asio 32bitis , however I use Cross with mixer Rane 62 that supports ASIO 64bits and the problem of the Cross close does asio 32 or 64 .... the problem is not in this asio .... unfortunately !!!
Henry Jay

Return to Suggestions