Sync mode 32 beats

Suggest features and improvements

Sync mode 32 beats

Postby kinpatsu on 30 Jul 2015, 06:01

Hey guys, I really like your software, keep up the good work! I have a question/suggestion about sync mode.

The options for syncing are currently 4 and 16 beats, which I guess might be fine for some people, but all the music I've ever played (indeed heard) is composed in 32 beat segments. So, if I turn on sync mode my tracks are always off by 4 measures. This means I can't use sync mode and have it turned off currently.

For example, if I'm mixing house, trance, breaks etc, and I manually start the track correctly lined up in 8 measure (32 beats) segments, the little spinning track sync indicator at the top of the screen shows track A elapsing while track B is halfway through its rotation (I hope that makes sense).

Check out this video to see what I mean about music being composed in 32 beat segments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKRTLn3RiQQ

Cheers!
kinpatsu

Re: Sync mode 32 beats

Postby haga46 on 30 Jul 2015, 08:30

I'm a compleet noob at djing (i'm on it for about 6 wks), but if you count the extra 4 bars and drop it on the 1 and sync it then your phrases fall in to place and both phrases are lined up and synced.

I currently don't use the sync bcuz i'm learning to manually beatmatching so if the above isn't correct don't shoot me :mrgreen:
haga46

Postby kinpatsu on 31 Jul 2015, 02:13

What you're describing may work, but I always found that Cross was deciding for me where to drop the beat, and it was always 4 measures off.
kinpatsu

Postby deanobirko on 13 Aug 2015, 14:31

Change sync to match the beat rather than the phrase.
deanobirko

Return to Suggestions