Option to select which ID3 tag version to write

Suggest features and improvements

Option to select which ID3 tag version to write

Postby seankmchenry on 15 May 2015, 21:10

I imagine there's a technical reason why Cross DJ writes tags in the latest ID3 tag version, 2.4, as opposed to v2.3, but it might be nice to be able to select which version the software uses when it updates files.

I imagine there are users who have an entire collection written in ID3v2.3 as it's been the standard until very recently and, even still, a lot of web apps and software seem to deal better with v2.3 than they do 2.4 (failing to recognize artist info, etc., see XBox Music or the like).

Unless I'm missing something, Cross DJ has no such option. Might be a useful feature. Thanks!
seankmchenry

Re: Option to select which ID3 tag version to write

Postby RoJeC on 15 May 2015, 21:45

The mixvibes team tries to battle the future and not hang on to the past. To meet older standards you can use older versions.
By doing this it is possible to limit the preferences to the functional options.
Especially the 64bit version is a new technical product as it is written to be trully 64bit and not just a 32bit compiled to 64bit. So only needed technique for the current standards is in there.

So other programs which don't adapt new standards in time may not be the best reason to be backwards compatible....

But the devteam decides and if you don't ask they may not be aware of side effects of changes.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Return to Suggestions