Update that fixes the bug Cross closing

Suggest features and improvements

Re: Update that fixes the bug Cross closing

Postby robid on 05 Jul 2015, 10:26

It seems I cannot start a new post, so forgive me for posting here. I recently changed from Windows to OSX. Is there no way of transferring my collection wIthout having to relocate all tracks in OSX? It seems like the analysed files from Windows redirects OSX to the incorrect location.
robid

Postby rhopkins on 05 Jul 2015, 12:16

robid wrote:It seems I cannot start a new post, so forgive me for posting here. I recently changed from Windows to OSX. Is there no way of transferring my collection wIthout having to relocate all tracks in OSX? It seems like the analysed files from Windows redirects OSX to the incorrect location.

I can help here. viewtopic.php?f=358&t=35334

Assuming you're comfortable getting your hands dirty with a bit of SQL, follow the link in that thread to find out how to transfer your collection.
MacBook Pro - 15" (Mid 2014)
2.2Ghz Processor
16GB RAM

U-Mix Control Pro 2
Cross 3.3.10
rhopkins

Postby TinouCAS on 07 Jul 2015, 11:17

The keep the analysis files, editing the collection's sql won't help, as the analysis file paths aren't kept in it.

I agree a whole collection export/import is needed, and will surely be added in a future major release.

What you can do now, as a workaround, is export/import playlist using "Export as DJ Bundle". The bundle will contain a copy of the tracks and their corresponding analysis file. It isn't perfect though: you have to do it on a playlist basis, and it will loose the tracks files' directory structure, by putting all tracks in the same directory. But relocating after that import should keep the analysis as well.

Let me know if you have any issues.
TinouCAS

Postby rhopkins on 07 Jul 2015, 11:59

TinouCAS wrote:The keep the analysis files, editing the collection's sql won't help, as the analysis file paths aren't kept in it.

I agree a whole collection export/import is needed, and will surely be added in a future major release.

What you can do now, as a workaround, is export/import playlist using "Export as DJ Bundle". The bundle will contain a copy of the tracks and their corresponding analysis file. It isn't perfect though: you have to do it on a playlist basis, and it will loose the tracks files' directory structure, by putting all tracks in the same directory. But relocating after that import should keep the analysis as well.

Let me know if you have any issues.

I did a mixture of both this and editing the collection with SQL.
MacBook Pro - 15" (Mid 2014)
2.2Ghz Processor
16GB RAM

U-Mix Control Pro 2
Cross 3.3.10
rhopkins

Postby Henry Jay on 14 Jul 2015, 21:12

Deveria ter equipe oficial respondendo os usuarios assim os problemas seriam resolvidos mais rapido..... !!!

It seems to me that the problem of closing without reason was finally settled ... already tested here in HID CDJ 350, nexus 2000 and CDJ 900 also tested with mixer DJM 900 SRT , Rene 62 with timecode vinyl so far ta all ok in version 3.3.11

Abraços a equipe MV
Henry Jay

Previous

Return to Suggestions