Played history, color tagging, staying in sync while mixing

Suggest features and improvements

Played history, color tagging, staying in sync while mixing

Postby DJDply on 13 Apr 2015, 13:40

Hi,

Downloaded Cross DJ Free today and I'm this far very impressed, especially with the iTunes library management (it keeps my ratings updated with simple refresh, like Rekordbox does and not Traktor) and beat sync.

Five quick questions/suggestions.

1# I notice the free version doesn't show played history, I hope that the paid version does show. Might wanna include this feature in detailed comparison chart.

2# Tracks should stay in sync while mixing and changing tempo.

3# Hovering over waveform with cursor should display time position of the track. I know some have requested bars but time should also be a option. This way it's very easy for me to calculate when track changes, takes away the need for back and forth clicking.

4# Color tagging tracks in library. 5 different colors would be great.

5# Currently playing track should be somehow be highlighted in playlist, displaying A or B in front of it would be ok.

At the moment this is it, after 20 min quick review. Hope to test it live soon and purchase the Cross version.

Good luck, I think you guys have a killer product here.

UPDATE!

1# FREE version does have history and currently playing is marked, but you have to first import/save the playlist into app to see these features.

4# There's also color tagging available after you've imported/saved your playlist.

5# This feature is available, see #1

----

#6 How do you fast forward when preview'ing track?
DJDply

Re: Played history, color tagging, staying in sync while mix

Postby RoJeC on 17 Apr 2015, 12:08

Hi, thanks for your feedback.

DJDply wrote:
Downloaded Cross DJ Free today and I'm this far very impressed, especially with the iTunes library management (it keeps my ratings updated with simple refresh, like Rekordbox does and not Traktor) and beat sync.

Five quick questions/suggestions.

1# I notice the free version doesn't show played history, I hope that the paid version does show. Might wanna include this feature in detailed comparison chart.

Yes the full and demo versions do have history. Do think Free has to...

2# Tracks should stay in sync while mixing and changing tempo.

try enabling 'sync link' in preferences.
Master deck will be leading when Sync button enabled.

3# Hovering over waveform with cursor should display time position of the track. I know some have requested bars but time should also be a option. This way it's very easy for me to calculate when track changes, takes away the need for back and forth clicking.

Not sure what you try to achieve here. You can use 8 locators/loops. These are saved with track info. I don't really see a use for time other than in bars/cycles.
4# Color tagging tracks in library. 5 different colors would be great.

How about using the current 9 color tags... Might be you have to enable the field. Right-Click on header of the track list and enable Color field.

5# Currently playing track should be somehow be highlighted in playlist, displaying A or B in front of it would be ok.

Deck ABCD are all shown in the track rack for the track.

At the moment this is it, after 20 min quick review. Hope to test it live soon and purchase the Cross version.

Good luck, I think you guys have a killer product here.

UPDATE!

1# FREE version does have history and currently playing is marked, but you have to first import/save the playlist into app to see these features.

4# There's also color tagging available after you've imported/saved your playlist.

5# This feature is available, see #1

Sorry, wrote comments before reading your update.
Not so much importing playlist as the tracks have to be in the collection of Cross.
Easy way of importing would be to drag and drop your root folder of the tracks onto the node called 'collection' at the left node dock.

#6 How do you fast forward when preview'ing track?

use 'seek' which is right under deck wave. Value can be changed. Other option is to click in full wave.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Re: Played history, color tagging, staying in sync while mix

Postby DJDply on 17 Apr 2015, 18:18

Quick question if someone can answer:

Does Mixvibes overwrite ratings when importing tracks into collection? Is there any other scenario besides setting ratings in Mixvibe, where Mixvibes overwrites ratings set in iTunes or in Traktor PRO?
DJDply

Return to Suggestions