Future Mixvibes

Suggest features and improvements

Future Mixvibes

Postby VDj Sean T on 19 Mar 2015, 11:28

Hi,

Its been awhile since i used Cross , after being with it for many years now. I have moved to Serato DJ now. I would like to suggest to you that the New Rekordbox 3.0 which was created by Mixvibes is far more smoother & lighter than Cross DJ. . & now its time for Cross to put in the same thats in Rekordbox into Cross DJ. The Waveforms, smoothness, Colours & intuitive to perfection on the Rekordbox. MV needs put the name Cross to that software & add video with pro audio & video effects.

Regards,
Sean T
VDj Sean T

Re: Future Mixvibes

Postby Nathan Kelly on 19 Mar 2015, 18:56

I totally agree with you. I've been using the demo version for a while, but the only thing keeping me from buying the full version is the interface and performance.

The GUI doesn't support Retina resolutions so text and graphics are fuzzy. Rekordbox 3.0 is nice and sharp. The waveforms are also stutter quite a bit. Serato is only 32 bit (not 64 bit) but the waveforms are smoother.

I'd love to see a refreshed interface that could be the "best of both worlds" between Traktor and Serato: parallel waveforms with the track overviews beneath, option to lose the on-screen mixer. And yeah, calling it "Cross" would be better than Mixvibes I think, but that might not be in the cards. :)

The software has a lot going for it (best library management of all of them, IMO), just needs a bit more visual/performance refinement and it would be amazing!
Nathan Kelly

Postby Teo Mars on 01 Apr 2015, 17:17

I always used rekordbox untill a few months ago and i now i am enjoying to work whit mixvibes. I am missing some rekordbox features in mixvibes that should be implemented in my opinion .
The match thing is a nice feature in mixvibes but i would like to be able to set the genre and bpm range. Also i like the multi screen thing in rekordbox where you can easily manage you playlist by opening your collection and playlists abreast. That are for me the things now that irritate me while i am using mixvibes it's great for mixing but creating playlist goes not so smooth as it could be.
Teo Mars

Postby VDj Sean T on 14 Apr 2015, 21:37

Teo Mars wrote:I always used rekordbox untill a few months ago and i now i am enjoying to work whit mixvibes. I am missing some rekordbox features in mixvibes that should be implemented in my opinion .
The match thing is a nice feature in mixvibes but i would like to be able to set the genre and bpm range. Also i like the multi screen thing in rekordbox where you can easily manage you playlist by opening your collection and playlists abreast. That are for me the things now that irritate me while i am using mixvibes it's great for mixing but creating playlist goes not so smooth as it could be.

Serato Just gave us 1.7.4 ….. Some update….. Why is Mixvibes not??? Don't forget the software needs updates….. Already the few people who bought MV after me in many years from India …… R moving to
another software . . I have given u guys the drawback , as to where MV lacks. Work on that pls. Give us end users to keep the software. . Im just a point away from giving up the software, even though i use Serato.
VDj Sean T

Postby VDj Sean T on 14 Apr 2015, 21:45

VDj Sean T wrote:
Teo Mars wrote:I always used rekordbox untill a few months ago and i now i am enjoying to work whit mixvibes. I am missing some rekordbox features in mixvibes that should be implemented in my opinion .

Serato Just gave us 1.7.4 ….. Some update….. Why is Mixvibes not??? Don't forget the software needs updates….. Already the few people who bought MV after me in many years from India …… R moving to
another software . . I have given u guys the drawback , as to where MV lacks. Work on that pls. Give us end users to keep the software. . Im just a point away from giving up the software, even though i use Serato.

Have u heard of Torq - - M-Audio. . . It was my first software. . Quite perfect. . . But something went wrong within the company & now i don't use it anymore…. The people who work with these softwares r the cause for we end users to carry on or not…. We know it all at the end of the day, how it should b & how we want it to b. Nobody really
listens. . .
VDj Sean T

Postby Nathan Kelly on 14 Apr 2015, 21:49

I'm sure they're working on it. If software development were easy, we'd all make our own DJ applications. :)
Nathan Kelly

Postby VDj Sean T on 14 Apr 2015, 21:57

Nathan Kelly wrote:I'm sure they're working on it. If software development were easy, we'd all make our own DJ applications. :)

Well said…. But its the strife that we all work for & the difference we Djs can show… So once we achieve ahead of the competition, we can lay down our heads & say . . . No ONE IS LIKE US & WHAT WE HAVE GIVEN.
VDj Sean T

Postby DJ Vintage on 15 Apr 2015, 07:39

First of all: RekordBox is not DJ software, it's collection management software designed specifically for (soon to be extinct) CDJs from Pioneer. It's of no use to anybody else and due to it's limited design scope the developers can spend more time on GUI than they would if it were real DJ software.
Also Pioneer does not have to worry about midi-compatibility, controller mappings and such.

Second: The last version of RekordBox (as opposed to previous versions of RB) is no longer created by MV, but by Pioneer (or some as yet unknown third party for Pioneer - one never knows, right?). As such, it stands to reason that if you redesign an application from the ground up, you take the good stuff, toss out what you don't like and update the entire look and feel to fit the current times. To overhaul an existing platform like Cross, would require an almost identical rewrite. As Cross is vastly more complicated than RekordBox, this is a gargantuan task that a developer would typically run in the background, parallel to making updates and adding features. And it's something that could take years, say something that would fit in version 4.0, but that they started working on around the time 2.6 was ready for example.

Third: When I bought my first license of Cross (I believe early 2013) they were on version 2.4. In less than a year they went through to 2.6 and then 3.2 or something. All upgrades serious with new features, not just bug fixes. So, I'd say Mixvibes are pretty active in the development department. I do have to agree that the last update wasn't too spectacular and the release tempo of new version has slowed down a bit, so I am kinda guessing something bigger is in the making, either a jump to 3.5 with major innovations or perhaps even 4.x.
DJ Vintage

Postby Henry Jay on 29 Apr 2015, 07:53

DJ Vintage wrote:First of all: RekordBox is not DJ software, it's collection management software designed specifically for (soon to be extinct) CDJs from Pioneer. It's of no use to anybody else and due to it's limited design scope the developers can spend more time on GUI than they would if it were real DJ software.
Also Pioneer does not have to worry about midi-compatibility, controller mappings and such.

Second: The last version of RekordBox (as opposed to previous versions of RB) is no longer created by MV, but by Pioneer (or some as yet unknown third party for Pioneer - one never knows, right?). As such, it stands to reason that if you redesign an application from the ground up, you take the good stuff, toss out what you don't like and update the entire look and feel to fit the current times. To overhaul an existing platform like Cross, would require an almost identical rewrite. As Cross is vastly more complicated than RekordBox, this is a gargantuan task that a developer would typically run in the background, parallel to making updates and adding features. And it's something that could take years, say something that would fit in version 4.0, but that they started working on around the time 2.6 was ready for example.

Third: When I bought my first license of Cross (I believe early 2013) they were on version 2.4. In less than a year they went through to 2.6 and then 3.2 or something. All upgrades serious with new features, not just bug fixes. So, I'd say Mixvibes are pretty active in the development department. I do have to agree that the last update wasn't too spectacular and the release tempo of new version has slowed down a bit, so I am kinda guessing something bigger is in the making, either a jump to 3.5 with major innovations or perhaps even 4.x.

I agree with you and waiting anxiously to come up with lighter health and the Cross name ....... the coming of the Cross 3.4 or 3.5 ;)
Henry Jay

Postby Henry Jay on 14 Jul 2015, 21:18

It seems to me that the problem of closing without reason was finally settled ... already tested here in HID CDJ 350, nexus 2000 and CDJ 900 also tested with mixer DJM 900 SRT , Rene 62 with timecode vinyl so far ta all ok in version 3.3.11

Abraços a equipe MV
Henry Jay

Next

Return to Suggestions