Delete files from disk after collection removal

Suggest features and improvements

Delete files from disk after collection removal

Postby Minos Kritikos on 05 Feb 2015, 01:10

Hi guys,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but please consider this.

I import an album with many songs. I like some of those songs and remove the ones I don't like from my collection. The removed songs however, remain on disk and one must manually delete them, which can be a daunting and laborious task when this involves many songs.

Traktor has an option asking you if you wish to also delete this song from disk.

I prefer using mixvibes ;)

Peace and love
Minos
Minos Kritikos

Re: Delete files from disk after collection removal

Postby Minos Kritikos on 05 Feb 2015, 02:46

just in addition...the only two ways I found around this are:

before song is removed from collection, right click -> show in finder -> delete and then song shows up as missing in mixvibes and then I hit backspace.

However, I don't always do this and there are a bunch of songs not in my collection but are still on my disk. A way around this is to create a backup (including media) on an external disk, which will contain only the songs in my collection and then replace the current songs on disk with the backup...though this is a scary option cause if something goes wrong and stuff gets lost..... :eek:

what are your thoughts guys :)
Minos Kritikos

Postby RoJeC on 05 Feb 2015, 08:37

I prefer the current way. Over the years I several times accidentally removed tracks from the collection e.g. when removing a track from a playlist.
Would have been quite a nightmare if meanwhile also the track would have been deleted.
I don't think a warning msg will be to useful to do the prevention.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby Minos Kritikos on 05 Feb 2015, 14:10

Hey buddy, I never mentioned anything about a warning, I meant that when you hit backspace on a song in your collection, or right click and select remove from collection, then an option to select to also delete the file from disk in addition to removing it from the collection would be useful. Hope that's clearer as to what I meant :)

Cheers
Minos Kritikos

Postby Minos Kritikos on 05 Feb 2015, 14:14

Screen Shot 2015-02-05 at 12.13.28.png
here's how traktor does it when you hit remove song from collection...the third option is what I'm talking about....but as i previously mentioned...I MUCH prefer to use mixvibes Cross!!! :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Minos Kritikos

Postby Henry Jay on 09 Apr 2015, 06:43

this could be as simple as the VDJ , you can delete , move, rename, and this is reflected in the folder, if in case delete by mistake , it 'll be in your trash obviously you restore the file if you want we all know ;)
Henry Jay

Return to Suggestions