Better character encoding support

Suggest features and improvements

Better character encoding support

Postby Christilut on 19 Dec 2014, 22:21

I have the following track imported from a .m3u playlist (this is the full line in the .m3u file):
Q:\John Dahlbäck - Zeus (2012) [MP3 320]\John Dahlbäck - Zeus.mp3

Cross 3.2.0 says the file doesn't exist after importing. Upon inspecting, Cross thinks this is the file path:
Q:\John Dahlbck - Zeus (2012) [MP3 320]\John Dahlbck - Zeus.mp3

Notice the missing ä

I suppose this can be considered a bug report but I wasn't sure where to post this. If there is such a place, please tell me.

*Edit: was using the wrong version, tested it with 3.3.9 64bits however and it has the same issue.
Christilut

Re: Better character encoding support

Postby RoJeC on 19 Dec 2014, 23:29

It isn't really a bug. The problem is that not all m3u playlist meet the official standards. Many character sets and fil systems do not have this type of character or have it as 2 characters.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Re: Better character encoding support

Postby Christilut on 20 Dec 2014, 14:20

Well I'm not sure about the m3u standards but the character is there so I don't really understand why it is a problem for Cross to use that character.
Maybe it's not even an encoding problem but the character is just completely missing in Cross. That can't really be intended, can it?
Christilut

Return to Suggestions