Import multiple playlists at once

Suggest features and improvements

Import multiple playlists at once

Postby Christilut on 17 Dec 2014, 14:34

When importing a playlist file, only one can be selected. It would be nice if we could select multiple.

Seems like a trivial thing to implement and would be really nice for those who work with external playlists.
Christilut

Re: Import multiple playlists at once

Postby RoJeC on 17 Dec 2014, 16:21

Might be my way of working, but what is your work flow that causes you to regularly have new playlists in the same source folder.

If import issues have to be taken into account this request might be not as trivial as it seems.
Batch importing may take away focus from the interface, so you loose control if it takes to long while performing live.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Re: Import multiple playlists at once

Postby Christilut on 20 Dec 2014, 14:24

Wel I have a bit of a complex audio server setup. But the relevant part is that I use foobar for all my music and make playlists in there. I export these (one playlist per genre) and import them into Cross.

I tried it in rekordbox and you can select multiple playlists there. I was under the assumption that rekordbox and Cross shared some implementations (I might be completely wrong here, but I do find it interesting to know :) ).

Also I agree that during a live performance it may be unwise to batch import but that should be up to the user.
Christilut

Return to Suggestions