CUE point + AUTO play = BAD

Suggest features and improvements

Re: CUE point + AUTO play = BAD

Postby daniel clark on 02 Nov 2015, 01:19

bc 2 Capture.PNG
bc Capture.PNG

:eek: one and the same ,,two names ,,,but no regerstration software badge :?:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby RoJeC on 02 Nov 2015, 10:30

It was indeed removed like 4 years ago.

I would suggest to give it a try, as the old method also was far from perfect. It now just are different tracks to have to set the Cue manually.

It takes just a an other second to do this, especially moving back to t=0.

Every now and then this option is asked, so keeps the chance of this ever returning alive.

It might be helpful to provide some details on your way of working so the 'need' becomes more clear.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby Caballoballo on 11 Jan 2016, 23:12

Saludos, I totally agree with the option of adding an auto cue with on/off selection. On the music I play (salsa) songs are play from beginning to end not mix and sometimes I find myself struggling to set the cue at the beginning. In the past I have use other programs that have that option an cause no problem.
Caballoballo

Postby DJ Vintage on 14 Jan 2016, 10:33

Seriously guys, are we DJ's or what?

What did you do with vinyl? You listened with your headphones and cued up your track. Sometimes at the first (audible) tone, sometimes at the first beat, sometimes anywhere else you wanted the music to start. Then you'd back-cue slightly to allow for startup time of the TT (even SL-1200s), or you'd be holding the slipmat for release.

First CDJs? Same story, listen, cue, hit play when you need to.

Now it's a problem the software doesn't do all the work for you?

Part of being a DJ is prepping your collection. This doesn't mean throwing thousand of tracks in your system and letting the software figure it out. This means carefully selecting your tracks, putting them in your system, running and then CHECKING the beatgrid. Determining the drop point (where the cue is when initially loaded) and other cue points you may want to set. Now when you load the track it will load where YOU want it to.

Cross gets it right 90% of the time I'd say according to best practice that is correct for 90% of the DJ's. And while I am not saying it would hurt to have an option to switch auto-cue off, I don't see it as the problem it is now made out to be.

If you are an autoplay DJ (which not necessarily makes you a DJ at all, but that is a different discussion), why not use iTunes, you can make playlists, it plays tracks without autocue and allows you to set any amount of time in between tracks that you like.

Today the facilities DJ's have are SO MUCH better than we had back in the days of vinyl and CD. But at the end of the day it is still the DJ that has to put in the work to prep his tracks, prep his playlists and do the work when he is playing out.

Every software has it's strengths and weaknesses and every developer has only so much time in which to fix bugs, develop new features/versions and do all the other stuff that needs doing in manufacturing and maintaining a software product.

I have written many posts on how to go about picking controllers for example and it starts with determining your workflow. Then you go and pick the software that most closely matches your workflow.
The magic words are "most closely matches", because no software will fit your needs 100%. You get the software that gets closest to how you want to work and work with it's shortcomings as best you can.

Of course you can use this forums feature suggestion item to put in for requests for new or reappearing features, but frankly I think that "threatening" to stop using the software if things are not implemented makes little sense. If for some reason the software you were using stops most closely matching your workflow, it's time to reconsider the software you use.

I have access to a full version of Serato and can get the same for VDJ and Traktor (had Traktor but found it did not match my workflow). But I use Mixvibes and have for the last couple of years. Some things I like a lot, some things I like a bit less, some things I miss and some things I don't use. If I switch to Serato tomorrow, it will be the same, just different things to like/dislike/miss or not use. Nothing is 100%.

For now Mixvibes fits best for MY way of working. If it stops doing so, I will have to move to something else. I hope it doesn't come to that, but accept it is a fact of life.
DJ Vintage

Postby RoJeC on 14 Jan 2016, 12:02

I agree to DJ vintage... DJing ain't an office job.

Hands on tips:
- SHIFT + C sets Cue while playback
- C sets Cue while paused
- Backspace reverses playback backward/forward

Set Quantize to e.g 1/2 to have a minor timeframe to set it.

If you do it slow it takes you 5secs per track; more likely 1-2 secs.

And the great thing is that you did a check on the selected tracks..
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby RoJeC on 27 Jan 2016, 12:05

Hi Rondinse,

Welcome to mixvibes.
Could you please add your license key in your user profile to identify yourself as a Cross user.

Elements in your recent postings pattern have a high score on you being a spammer more likely than a Cross user.

We try to keep the forum free of spam so it benefits most to the users. If you're a user don't hesitate to continue using the forum and feel free to ask and share.
If you're a spammer please stop polluting the forum.

Sorry if you're a true Cross user... :biggrin:
Ronald

RoJeC

Previous

Return to Suggestions