Display or not display the BPM

Suggest features and improvements

Re: Display or not display the BPM

Postby RoJeC on 31 Oct 2014, 12:56

Not that I won't like things modified 'my way', but I think the power of Cross is that the team focuses on features to make the use easy.

Flexibility and user options were there in the past. From what I've learned by developing software creating to much user options significantly slows down development.

A quick example: Cross GUI has over 200 controls/objects. Each object has like 100 parameters. Several of which are programmable. So it is not just a matter of showing or not showing something, but also taking care of the other values to not interfere in a wrong way.

And nowadays objects have many size and relative size and group and subgroup properties with all the different screen sizes...

My suggestion would be to really limit this to a bare minimum, as every new development should be checked and build against user interface options. And new features will be more difficult for users to start using, as they will first have to modify their GUI...

Whatever my opinion is, don't hesitate to ask for changes... If they don't know it won't come in..
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby FigDJ on 31 Oct 2014, 14:54

Ronald

Let me 1st just say that, I agree 100% with your comments and truly appreciate your insights in the software development arena.

However, IMHO there are two exceptions.

1. If a competitor is offering the feature, then it would be in the best interest for Mixvibes to at least look into implementing the feature in order to remain competitive.

2. if there is a change in the GUI that changes what was already developed and published, perhaps a selector option should be available.

For #2 and in my case, I am talking about

A. The deck waveforms - Which were reduced in vertical size from version 2.6 to 3.X. (Not that big of a deal for me as I am slowly getting used to).

B. The new way of displaying video- From 2.6 to 3.X . IMHO the 3.X may suit some users but it is also very inefficient when it comes to screen real state to display the collection. (not a deal breaker either as I just change to collection view when I am doing my selections)

C. The beatmacher rendering- IMHO 3.X way of rendering the beatmacher is noisy, unclear and not well marked as far as the beatmarkers. I have posted many threads on this issue and it is truly a dealbreaker for me. So I am stuck using 2.6 and missing out in all the worderful new features that 3.X has to offer because the change was made and there is not a good option available to render the beatmacher with better markers.

To this point some may argue that I could use legacy rendering option. That point would be valid if legacy rendering was as good as it was with the 2.6 way of rendering the beatmatcher but as it is right now it is not good enought.

To summarize: Not having a good option for the marking and rendering of the beatmacher is a deal breaker for me and now I am one feature away from jumping. Either one of two things are going to happen. Either Mixvibes fixes the beatmacher or the other DJ software company will come up with the feature that is missing (which Cross/Cross DJ already have). Then it will be desicion time.
FigDJ

Postby RoJeC on 31 Oct 2014, 21:35

The changes from 2 to 3 would have been very hard if users had quite some influence to the gui.
Other challenge is the ability to work single source for multi OS.

Some of the changes I agree can be further improved to become better than before. But also proves that looking at competitors not necessarily reflect the wishes of the user group.

And I still prefer the grey gui of earlier Cross DJ.....

Have a nice weekend.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby FigDJ on 01 Nov 2014, 01:47

My gripe is that 3.x broke the beatmatcher which was the reason I bought Cross in the first place.
FigDJ

Postby 2kvai777 on 03 Nov 2014, 21:35

+1 for this request
2kvai777

Postby Charly82 on 06 Apr 2015, 20:43

This is my number 1 request, completely agree!

Discussion nowadays is quite big around this topic. I love the technical options that Cross provides, but my Technics are right beside my cdj's and feel that beatmatching by ear is still the only right way for me to DJ.

Would really like to see this supported!
Pioneer CDJ850-K (x2)
Technics SL1210MK2 (x2)
Pioneer DJM750-K
Sennheiser HD25
Mixvibes Cross on Imac (2nd monitor)
Charly82

Postby Henry Jay on 09 Apr 2015, 06:18

MixVibes is wonderful is would be even better with option of watching or not the bpm , good idea
Henry Jay

Previous

Return to Suggestions