[EN] 3.0.0 Allow stop of single shot sample

Suggest features and improvements

[EN] 3.0.0 Allow stop of single shot sample

Postby RoJeC on 29 Mar 2014, 13:49

Would like to have the ability to stop a single shot, without having to change other settings (volume of, other type, etc.)
E.g. like in good old 'Home' sampler; left click = restart, right click = stop.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Re: [EN] 3.0.0 Allow stop of single shot sample

Postby sylMV on 30 Mar 2014, 13:45

I can't see a decent solution for this (mouse isn't one). That's why a once-shot sample is always played till the end.
SylMV

sylMV

Re: [EN] 3.0.0 Allow stop of single shot sample

Postby FigDJ on 30 Mar 2014, 15:04

I think the solution would be to have an additional mode to the pads,
in Cross loop mode allows you to start/stop the sample by pressing the pad, a one shot press entirely but if you press the pad again the one-shot sample starts from the beginning. Lastly, the touch mode allows you to play the sample as long as you are pressing the pad and stops one you stop pressing the pad.

An additional mode could allow for the user to use one-shot in the same way that loop mode is used, were a press of the pad starts playback and the second press stops playback.

however, I question the return on investment for this approach as I imagine that coding for this to happen would be significant. Given that fact i would suggest a little bit of MIDI mapping trickery to achieve similar results.

I could be wrong but at least every MIDI mapping that I seen for Cross maps the the pads as s trigger button. You can start/stop a single shot sample by MIDI mapping your your pads as a toggle button.

Ypu have to be a little careful and remember to turn the sample off when you don't needed specially if there are multiple layer in your MIDI map. I works, I discovered this by accident when I was building the custom MIDI maps for my Quneo controllers. Give that a try it might work you.
FigDJ

Return to Suggestions