Playing compact discs, video discs etc.

Suggest features and improvements

Playing compact discs, video discs etc.

Postby djdubc on 11 Mar 2014, 21:25

I think it would be a great idea for the use of cds and other disc media while doing your set....i mean mp3 and other cpu formats are great but sometimes u cannot get everything through a service or online and u get the disc while playing a set :eek: i thought u could already play cds through the program lol :cry:
MacBook Pro 9,2 (13-inch, Mid 2012)
Intel core i5-3210M @ 2.5 GHz
8GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM
Intel HD 4000 1536
750GB SSHD 7200RPM
macOS CATALINA 10.5.7
Mixvibes Cross 3.4.3
djdubc

Re: Playing compact discs, video discs etc.

Postby RoJeC on 11 Mar 2014, 23:40

Some questions make you realize how long ago it was a certain technique was used (by me)..
It is a valid question, however do realize that CD players, esp. in laptop are not build for DJ-ing. No buffering, no constant speed, no sampling (error correction). Also many different types of media, often burned by users who do not know that burning and using PC for other things is not that smart.
Before the Cross Android was there I only used one remaining case of Cd's as the backup setup with a dual CD player..

I would never use CD's that people hand over during a gig. Only when handed in advance and when having time to convert. You do need Anti Virus for external data..; which is usually is off when high performance like AV pprocessing is required...
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Return to Suggestions