suggestions

Suggest features and improvements

suggestions

Postby Deejay Sam1 on 04 Mar 2014, 14:57

i want to suggest some options if they could be done in the software
1-removing duplicates in a playlist
2-finding a track's playlist when in a collection coz sometimes i have many playlists and cant find the playlist of this track.for example if i have a rock song in the collection i want the playlist that this track belongs to
3-is it possible to make the remaining and elapsed time of a track shown at the same in the playing decks
4-tracks are marked as played for just loading them into the decks,an option for resetting played tracks or a minimal time
Deejay Sam1

Re: suggestions

Postby sylMV on 04 Mar 2014, 15:22

Hi!

Thanx for sharing your expectations.

Deejay Sam1 wrote:1-removing duplicates in a playlist

This could be an option (allow or not duplicates in playlists) and/or an action.

Deejay Sam1 wrote:2-finding a track's playlist when in a collection coz sometimes i have many playlists and cant find the playlist of this track.for example if i have a rock song in the collection i want the playlist that this track belongs to

This one is more tricky. What if the track belongs to several playlists?

Deejay Sam1 wrote:3-is it possible to make the remaining and elapsed time of a track shown at the same in the playing decks

Right now it's not possible, and won't be till we change the overall interface. Not in a short time IMHO.

Deejay Sam1 wrote:4-tracks are marked as played for just loading them into the decks,an option for resetting played tracks or a minimal time

A min time will probably be added in next version.
SylMV

sylMV

Postby Deejay Sam1 on 04 Mar 2014, 15:27

if a track in several playlists it shows these playlists so simple its in traktor option too
Deejay Sam1

Postby sylMV on 04 Mar 2014, 15:29

Deejay Sam1 wrote:if a track in several playlists it shows these playlists so simple its in traktor option too

So you want a kind of contextual menu like the 'add to playlist' one?
Cause we can't show several playlists at a time in Cross.
SylMV

sylMV

Postby RoJeC on 04 Mar 2014, 15:30

Thanks for moving. Some practical suggestions. I added some comments to your thoughts as alternatives.

1. de-duplicate: maybe a button could help. Beware that only on identical filelocation+filename can be done. Sometimes users need multiple copies (e.g. broadcasting commercial).
2. finding track in playlist-branch. Again maybe, something like in the right-click or rather in the info pane menu: show (smart)playlist(s) used in...
3. remaining + playing time: was replaced by the current a few version ago. Fi we keep asking it might return...
4. play-mark-moment: would be nicer, but creates a kind of conflict with history. Some people have to report what they played and then every second counts. resetting played state is in the right-click menu.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby sylMV on 04 Mar 2014, 15:48

RoJeC wrote:4. play-mark-moment: would be nicer, but creates a kind of conflict with history. Some people have to report what they played and then every second counts. resetting played state is in the right-click menu.

This would be an option, and of course History would only reflect tracks really marked as played.
SylMV

sylMV

Postby kugmo on 05 Mar 2014, 06:33

sylMV wrote:
RoJeC wrote:4. play-mark-moment: would be nicer, but creates a kind of conflict with history. Some people have to report what they played and then every second counts. resetting played state is in the right-click menu.

This would be an option, and of course History would only reflect tracks really marked as played.

i can't see the "reset played state" option on the collection view...
kugmo

Postby RoJeC on 05 Mar 2014, 10:30

It is in Autoplay and Prepare.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby Deejay Sam1 on 13 Mar 2014, 15:29

hi mixvibes guys, :)

a simple bugs in ur software hope u fix them out plz
1-when i use the track marker stripe in a playlist or collection i lose where i reached when changing the playlist to another one so i have to look again in the tracks so i get lost

2-i mentioned this b4 and im mentioning it again some playlists can be moved to a folder and others cant be moved if u have many playlists in the tree, plz fix this :) (cursor doesnt move up and down when dragging a playlist )
Deejay Sam1

Postby RoJeC on 13 Mar 2014, 16:59

Deejay Sam1 wrote:1-when i use the track marker stripe in a playlist or collection i lose where i reached when changing the playlist to another one so i have to look again in the tracks so i get lost

It is not a bug. It technically works as should. Several people (like me) have asked for this feature. So your request brings it a step closer...

2-i mentioned this b4 and im mentioning it again some playlists can be moved to a folder and others cant be moved if u have many playlists in the tree, plz fix this :) (cursor doesnt move up and down when dragging a playlist )

This might be a bug. Unfortunately (at least I) cannot duplicate, nor have ever experienced this. Could you please give some more details. Maybe the number of playlist and/or folders is relevant.
You're sure that you're not dragging from smartlists to playlist in the tree?
Ronald

RoJeC

Next

Return to Suggestions