DJ Techtools Wrote This !

Suggest features and improvements

Re: DJ Techtools Wrote This !

Postby DJ Vintage on 12 Feb 2014, 08:57

I have tried just about every software out there and none ... I stress ... NONE ... has been totally bug-free and/or never crashed.

They crash and the harder you run them, the sooner they will crash. I've had them crash on Windows and Mac (slightly less on the latter, but that could be coincidence).

But the biggest crash I ever had during a live session, was when a harddisk crashed! No quick reboot or restart of the software, nothing. End of life, no more laptop for the night.

The message here is, prepare for technology failing. Have a backup!

My controller is a stand-alone mixer too (MC6000) and I have two traditional CD-players hooked up (DN-SC1200 that I can use as deck controllers as well) with floor fillers all cued up.

So when the laptop crashed, I grabbed the mic, hit play, said something (semi?)funny to the crowd, opened the fader and everyone continued dancing. Then I got to fixing the problems, which in that case ended up grabbing my CD wallet and doing an "old-skool" CDJ-style night.

Software that doesn't crash is utopia, never gonna happen. As long as the developers take crashes seriously and everyone sends in crash reports (they can't fix what they don't know about), the reasons software will crash will become less and less.

Keep up the good work Mixvibes.

Greetinx.
DJ Vintage

Postby Hannes on 12 Feb 2014, 13:42

Sean,I really dont know why you always keep making stuff personal,
I agreed to your point about glitches etc.

What I said was that the review on DJTT, though I highly respect that site, is crap in terms of how the review seems to have been done.

Never have I said what you say is crap....

On a sidenote, reading CPU/GPU and/or latency can totally affect performance.

E.G starting latency_mon after an audio application kills the audiostream in most cases for me.

Also, I dont want to say anything against your setup, bug reports are always highly appreciated, but it seems it is always certain people having issues.
If that is the case, as it obviously is, you need to provide as much info as you can. Absolutely detailed Workflow, hardware and software-settings.

You need to understand that always saying there's too much stress on the cpu, as you believe it is, must be awfully stressing to the Team, it's like saying "make it better", that simply is no constructive criticism or help.

Details, details, details!
June 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month

https://soundcloud.com/han-nes-10/fridaybeatdown2ndedition
no support by pm

beta troll

Macbook Pro 13, late 2011, 6GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500
Thudrumble TR-1S, Vestax VFX-1, ESI Maya USB+, Rane SL2
Hannes

Postby VDj Sean T on 12 Feb 2014, 15:46

I think im gonna rest my case. Anyways.... moving on to the new Android App, it looks very smooth on the video. The engine seems to be good. Well, can u guys add video to it in the near future? Maybe Android laptops would be cheaper than me buying a macbook pro every 2 yrs. Just make it stable with video full featured, ill shift to Android.

By the way. . . i rest my case because Unclevibes admitted that there is work on the software & he being so senior knows its heavy. Cheers to him for recognizing this important issue. I guess he will take it from here to the programmers. :mrgreen:
VDj Sean T

Postby sylMV on 12 Feb 2014, 16:00

Programmers are reading your posts Sean...
SylMV

sylMV

Previous

Return to Suggestions