Internal Playback Control, with Timecode

Suggest features and improvements

Re: Internal Playback Control, with Timecode

Postby sylMV on 31 Jan 2014, 21:10

djdrewsie wrote:Am i not alread posting in the suggestions section of this forum?

Yes you are.

djdrewsie wrote:And i understand this can be acheived by disarming the timecode, but like i have mentioned before, that takes time! I apologize for any misunderstanding we are having, I'm trying to be as clear as i can, and I really like the software you guys made! :)

I don't understand what takes time ...?

There are many things I don't understand by the way...

djdrewsie wrote:Also if the record remains spinning, you can use the cue button as a stutter button while the record remains spinning. Being in a digital platform, you should be able to enjoy the feature of a fully capable cue button, as well as have the full feel and experience of vinyl.

You really want to be able to have the vinyl spinning without having the track moving, unless you press play or hold cue ? :eek:
It makes me think you just do not need any timecode vinyl and should just use a MIDI controller...

djdrewsie wrote:Now when you mix into another song and put your fader to one side, you can hit cue to stop the song you mixed out of and still have the record spinning. Now when you go to load a new track in you won't have to worry about re-jockeying a record as it is already playing. Why waste your hand holding a record, or waste time by having to re jockey a needle? I still want the security of not loading a song when I don't want it. Which is why not disabling the cue and play pause buttons is useful to me.

If I understand what you mean, you want a button to bypass the security when you don't want it. Kinda weird...

djdrewsie wrote:I can achieve this in every other DJ software, and you're able to load tracks and go vs having to reposition your needle every single time. Something this little does make a huge difference when you want to quick cut tracks. This process takes time, and if the record spins throughout all of this, you can work at a more accelerated pace.

"Every DJ soft", then you tested all of them?
By the way, I don't think you can achieve what you explain in any of them with security enabled.
SylMV

sylMV

Postby djdrewsie on 02 Feb 2014, 15:42

As a matter of fact, I have tested every software. And every software has internal playback controls with timecode. Forget about security. A lot of what I'm saying is getting lost in translation I guess. But Yes every software has this capability and I HAVE tested all of them. I purchased and tested all of them. Is that hard to believe? Your software does not have this capability.

Your philosophy of the timecode is outdated. Why do we need to treat a timecode like it's an actual record? A MIDI control jogwheel is NOT the same thing as scratching an actual turntable with a needle, and if you think that's a solution, then you're really not understanding what I'm saying to you.

In virtual DJ, I am able to press play and pause in the software and cue and have it work correctly. Traktor I can do the same thing?

What takes time? I'll tell you what takes time. Disabling the timecode every time I want to use internal playback.

You also missed the fact that I want to load tracks and have the record keep spinning. That cuts a lot of time out of a set. If you don't stop the record, you can do some cool tricks with the vinyl still spinning.

I'm telling you as a professional that does this all the time, this software does not feel as natural as the other ones, and its because of a lack of feature like this. The record should remain spinning even if there is a song not playing, and the software should recognize what you're touching, whether its a controller or a turntable.
djdrewsie

Postby djdrewsie on 02 Feb 2014, 15:46

And about security, No I don't want to load a track when it's playing, but when I mix into the last track, I can bypass the security by pausing the track or hitting the cue button. It makes sense, and I can do that in other softwares...BECAUSE I have internal playback with my timecode.
djdrewsie

Postby Hannes on 03 Feb 2014, 12:31

how is it different to stop the actual player than stopping a virtual player.

No offense, I just really dont get the idea behind it and I'm willing to try understand whats bothering you.

turntable play/pause <-> virtual deck play/pause:
the steps afterwards are the same: load track, press play.
how does it make a difference to your workflow?

You'll need to set the needle back anyway when the timecode is running out.
June 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month

https://soundcloud.com/han-nes-10/fridaybeatdown2ndedition
no support by pm

beta troll

Macbook Pro 13, late 2011, 6GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500
Thudrumble TR-1S, Vestax VFX-1, ESI Maya USB+, Rane SL2
Hannes

Previous

Return to Suggestions