Internal Playback Control, with Timecode

Suggest features and improvements

Internal Playback Control, with Timecode

Postby djdrewsie on 29 Jan 2014, 19:53

Hello,

In playing with Cross the last few days and reading the manual, I realize that internal playback control is disabled when running timecode. Right now my setup involves plugging timecodes into a 4x4 soundcard but using a MIDI controller to internally control the mixer in the software.

Playback internally with timecode is useful in the case that you want to have that setup with a MIDI controller basically being your mixer. I feel even with relative playback you should be able to press play, pause, cue, sync and have them respond, regardless of what is actually occurring on your turntable.

In my case, having a MIDI controller only as an internal mixer and not a standalone mixer/MIDI combo, I'm able to mix videos using the crossfader to control audio and video.

Is mixvibes not supported for a setup like that? I don't really see any diagrams in the manual that support internal mixing with timecode.
djdrewsie

Re: Internal Playback Control, with Timecode

Postby djdrewsie on 29 Jan 2014, 19:56

I know that it is capable of having a setup, but what I meant was not having to disable the timecode before controlling your internal controls.
djdrewsie

Postby sylMV on 29 Jan 2014, 20:05

No, you can't have play/pause control when using timecode.
That would be a non-sense, playback is controlled using your Vinyl/CD deck...

What do you want to achieve exactly...?
SylMV

sylMV

Postby djdrewsie on 29 Jan 2014, 20:49

What I am saying is, that certain controls on my MIDI controller become disabled when timecode is enabled. Loading tracks is another thing I cannot do while time code is enabled. Basically the MIDI controller should function as a MIDI controller should with or without timecode.
djdrewsie

Postby djdrewsie on 29 Jan 2014, 20:56

Just to be clear, I have two turntables going into a 4x4 sound card and im using a MIDI controller an internal mixer. So what I want to acheive is to run a timecode WITH internal controls, and not have them get disabled just because I'm running a timecode.
djdrewsie

Postby djdrewsie on 29 Jan 2014, 20:57

It is time consuming to have to shut off timecode whenever I want to hit sync or even load a track.
djdrewsie

Postby djdrewsie on 29 Jan 2014, 21:13

Loading tracks is with security link on. I'd have to hit pause or cue to get the record to stop. I would still want the record to be spinning when I'm loading up the record.

Also wanted to note...using the cue button is a great function to have doing an entire DJ set. Yes I want vinyl control but it would be nice to have a cue stutter with my timecode on.
djdrewsie

Postby djdrewsie on 29 Jan 2014, 21:15

Also having the ability to cue back with the cue button is also very useful. I shouldn't have to roll my record back to the beginning.
djdrewsie

Postby sylMV on 29 Jan 2014, 21:30

There must be a misunderstanding or a bad config on your side.
When using timecode only the transport (Play/Pause, Cue) buttons are disabled. All the other controls work, of course.
SylMV

sylMV

Postby djdrewsie on 30 Jan 2014, 01:21

Correct, but it's counterproductive to disable these internal controls, simply because the time code takes over. I should still have the ability to cue back digitally even with time code? You're telling me I have to take the time to disable the time code everytime to cue backwards? Or literally roll the record back? Or use my mouse? I'm sorry guys, but that's a time consuming thing when in a set.

It's little things like this that make it more difficult to use
djdrewsie

Next

Return to Suggestions