Smartlist as smart as I hope?

Suggest features and improvements

Smartlist as smart as I hope?

Postby DJ Vintage on 22 Dec 2013, 13:21

I was playing around with the smartlist a bit (have been using Cross on and off since early summer, but only recently made the full leap from Traktor) since I have defined a new core collection and making new play (and smart!) lists is part of the process.

I found out a lot by playing around with it, like how to set ranges and all that. What I can't find is to have a range for key. And I can't find a way to make the smartlist look at the current playing track. It would be a bit like a dynamic smartlist I guess.

Here is an example of what I would like to accomplish:

Say I have a 2008 song playing in 4A at 128bpm. And a smartlist called "similar dance 90s", the list would then display all tracks made in the 90s, with the genre dance, between 126 and 130 bpm (if I set bpm range to +/- 2bpm) and in the keys 3A, 4A, 5A or 4B.

It would be awesome to have such an option (and if it is there already, know how to set it up :-)) to quickly sort through larger collection. Obviously you can use the three selection options above the browser and matching harmonic tracks ARE shown in orange, but it would still requrire quite a few mouse clicks.

So in essence my question is, can you make the search criteria in smartlists to:
a) be a range in % or =/- rather than value
b) be dynamic in that it takes the values of the current track as input for the search criteria

Greetinx and keep up the GREAT work. 3.0 is looking sweet!

Chuck "DJ Vintage" van Eekelen
DJ Vintage

Re: Smartlist as smart as I hope?

Postby djphaidon on 22 Dec 2013, 23:51

Hey Vintage,

The dynamic key criteria for smart lists has been requested, but not implemented yet. I agree that it would be awesome to have all compatible tracks adjust the smart list. I'm also going to move this to the suggestions forum, rather than tech support.

MixVibes Cross 2.6.0
A&H Xone:DB4 / A&H Xone:K2 / QuNeo / iPad Lemur
15' MacBook Pro / 16Gb RAM

Retired: Jazzmutant Lemur / Korg padKontrol / Korg Zero 4 / VCI 100 / APC40 / NI S4 / Traktor

djphaidon

Re: Smartlist as smart as I hope?

Postby LOois on 04 Jan 2014, 12:30

+1 for the smarter playlists as suggested by DJ Vintage ! :)
Lenovo T420s i5 4GB SSD
CrossDJ with Vestax VCI 400
LOois

Return to Suggestions