New Look for Cross DJ 3.0 Suggestion

Suggest features and improvements

New Look for Cross DJ 3.0 Suggestion

Postby VDj Sean T on 09 Dec 2013, 10:16

Hi MV,

I was thinking about saving space for a larger browser & a new look, since we r moving forward to 2014 :) .

1. Put the Multicoloured Spectrum Waveform which is on Deck A & B slightly bigger on top, where the Mix Beatmatcher is.

Let them run one below the other from right to left ( Full Length of the Screen) .. So we can see our points come in better than the smaller ones now. This also becomes our Beatmatcher & Decks waveform. So now we save space instead of the Beatmatcher. This will act as both.

Below that is the permanent video screens … like how our first Vfx software had. . But Not so big in size like Vfx Software. Plan it reasonable to see fro 3Ft away.

Below the Video screens come the Cue/ Play/Sync & the usual Hot Cues, Loops etc . With a nice 3 D look on the buttons with good colours that blink on the play button & so on.

Now our Browser section is bigger & better. . . But the top Waveforms should be a good size… because we do have a couple of drinks & play ;) . Serato DJ has these kinda waveforms moving across the whole page.Its nice to see your track come in.

On these waveforms … have the SYNC CYCLE on the left for Deck A & Right for Dec B .

Also the beat grids should be a little bolder than it is now in 3.0.

The Editing Beatgrids somewhere in-between the wave forms & Video or somewhere on the moving waveforms.

Effects also the same place on top of the Video screens

Dam .. I forget the mixer. U guys figure that out.

Regards,
Sean

Let me know if u guys make a rough sketch of this & if u don't mind , i can take a look at it & suggest as a Video DJ. . . what is required to make our life easier & friendly to use. :)
VDj Sean T

Re: New Look for Cross DJ 3.0 Suggestion

Postby VDj Sean T on 10 Dec 2013, 22:04

Hi MV,

If its all too much trouble in the above look mentioned . . Just keep Cross the way it is in 2.6 look is with the video .We love it .
Pls don't do that resize video thing & occupy space. The thought of it makes me feel unstable. Just make the beatmatcher multi coloured like Spectrum but make sure that when we set a Cue point , it should show it perfectly marked on the Beatmatcher too. It is not perfect at times even after stretching the wave forms & putting a cue point. . Weird ! We need Perfection pls.

You rather make the Deck A & B Waveforms a little bigger. Its kinda small in height. We like to see Pitch bend have more markers & longer in height. Cross fader looks short in 3.0.

The idea is to see things more clearly with a uniform look. Not a compact blankish look. Make things more bold & give the buttons a 3 D look n colour.

All the best guys. . . I know u can do it ! Just bring it & we will show off in the club.

Already when i was playing in this new club last sat 7th. . . People were behind me trying to see what software i was using. I gave them a crazy night of Audio n Video. .. except for the crash.
Im just waiting for the day when i rub it into the guys that use Serato & their big talk of it. :mad:

We as end users know & want MV to support us by listing. Thats all we ask. :) . Surprise us soon pls.

Thank U in advance.

Sean
VDj Sean T

Postby Activated Soundwave on 24 Jan 2014, 17:37

for mixvibes team ,I personally preferred the beat grid and loop brace from previous versions, we have lost valuable info, Cross was also clear to view the peaks, now I personally feel it has been one giant step back in this area all for the sake to look like traktor waveform or at least that is how it now almost appears, I don't know about other djs but I am a vey technical mixer and despite Cross features and function to be maybe improved or added in the future, it had the best visuals on what I mentioned above, I don't know how to say this in English to suit mix vibes ear palette :) as they do seem to be getting touchy at English wording, okay some deserve but surely not my direct but polite post's, but again and again my posts are being removed or deleted, what go on here ! many times since Christmas. and not even a reply to know I have said anything wrong, so yet again I mention this step back in Cross that is for sure although i don't expect or demand, I just beg, please if possible could you put it as it was, but maybe still use the spectrum for yet more visuals, but please don't take away all these important details, I rely on every little marking and also the sloping loop brace to give me clear indication, so I can better throw beats around and get my judging of timing also spot on, all I feel is maybe just the addition of spectrum etc, and even add another different grid marking / for extra reading of the to bars every so 8 and 16 bars at various width with the line so as not to confuse, but instead we have stepped way back in that area.

I appreciate your hard work and all here on the forums, so don't mean to sound pushy I am just passionate more than anybody else could perceive, its my life and Cross was well on the way to my dreams , like I always say the foundations are far superior than its competition, please don't loose the vision guys.

what I would say in regards to searto DJ, don't copy any ideas or visuals as some suggest unless it enhances, but as it stands the layout in Cross is pretty much fantastic, I have no problems, I know your team has vision, I want to see Cross with this attention to fine markings and details without clutter and I want to become a wizard on the fly once this software fully evolves, I advance and learn much each day, and I do no what works best as I mention in past I have been bang into my mixing since the mid 80's and love my tech and I strive to be the best at this on a very deep and personal level its my world, again i hope you understand my passion and my aim is not to suggest anything without vision or purpose on the fly.

thanks for your understanding in my asks :)
My mix page
http://www.mixcloud.com/SubJacent/

FAQ - http://mixvibes.com/faq/
Cross DJ user manual
http://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uplo ... manual.pdf

Sorry if I ever come across the wrong way,Its never intentionally intended, and I am Always approachable.

I do not use video at present so in my experience I only refer to mixing audio
Activated Soundwave

Postby sylMV on 24 Jan 2014, 17:58

Long post :)
Just want to answer one point:
Nobody's ever deleted your posts here, there's no censorship, otherwise we would spend hours deleting posts for several reasons :neutral:
EDIT: Or it has been done without letting me know...

For the rest, many interesting remarks, i'll forward them to decision makers. Many thanx :cool:
SylMV

sylMV

Postby UncleVibes on 24 Jan 2014, 18:02

Don't be afraid there is no hunting campaign against the wild activated soundwave...
There no special censorship of messages here except spammers message. ( we move sometimes )
And yes we aren't native in English...
But we can read. We read! And answer when there is a known answer...
Keep cool, there is more to come.
UncleVibes

Postby Activated Soundwave on 24 Jan 2014, 18:21

Their are a few post I cant seem to find, looked every where, so my apology,it stems from the beta forum, I was one of the first two to post in it just before Nye or xmas, then after I went on it had been wiped as a new if you get what I mean something similar happened a couple of times on their, maybe part my oversight and maybe part mixvibes house cleaning in the first instant, which put me on a negative vibe, so again my apology for that.

thanks uncle vibes.

Just in referral to what I mentioned above, if I could just add that I use the peak marker settings at the 1 min mark, so also thought in addition, now I know you have that slightly thinner bar now at the 4 bar mark, but in an ideal world it would be nice to have maybe a smaller length at top and bottom of waveform display for 8 bar and 16 bar but nothing protrusive, something a bit like you may see either side of a DJ mixer fader ie the markings, but in this case just for the extra bar markers I mention. iam sure you will get what I mean, and just getting back that sloping loop brace, would be fine by me, again thanks, for your understanding Uncle vibes, And a note to myself, must not jump to the wrong conclusion, sorry, maybe a browser or cookie issues also.
My mix page
http://www.mixcloud.com/SubJacent/

FAQ - http://mixvibes.com/faq/
Cross DJ user manual
http://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uplo ... manual.pdf

Sorry if I ever come across the wrong way,Its never intentionally intended, and I am Always approachable.

I do not use video at present so in my experience I only refer to mixing audio
Activated Soundwave

Postby RoJeC on 24 Jan 2014, 23:53

Pretty sure the team noticed the requests for the triangle loop and visible beatmarker to be back (or improved) asap (according to several topics).
The beatmarker brings back memories of the introduction of LCD screens: you can see it when sitting right in front of your screen.
Maybe it is an attempt to give a vintage touch to state of the art product....
The loop block instead of triangle might be an attempt to make sure the DJ stays focussed.... Better for the overal result...
Better one step back and three forward then vice versa. :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :D :razz: :razz: :razz: :cool: :cool: :cool:
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Return to Suggestions