Send/ Return option

Suggest features and improvements

Send/ Return option

Postby BennyB on 17 Dec 2012, 23:56

It will be a BIG BIG BIG innovation, putting it into a DJ software.

What I'm talking about as an assignable output on the soundcard acting as Send, and an assignable input acting as Return.

In Cross, you can select any of the decks, to be routed to Send/ Return. What it does, is that it works like a regular Send/ Return that you have on many mixers, so it makes you enable to use external Effect Processors, pre fader.

It will be useful for those, who don't want to use mixers, just controllers, to use an external FX processor, such as Korg's Kaoss Pad, or Pioneers RMX-1000.

And this should enable you to use Cross to effect your sound comming from and external source and send it back out.
April 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month

aka. Ben

"...Music Is The Answer To The Problems..."

FOUNDER OF:
:cool: c00l People MV Society :cool:
!!!Sampler Fi!!!
Helping MIXVIBES FORUM being an awsome place
since 2011!

MixVibes People!!! UNITE!!!
BennyB

Re: Send/ Return option

Postby MusicMeister on 18 Dec 2012, 01:13

Interesting idea to do it in software... hmmmmm....

Although, some do this in hardware - like the Fast Track Ultra 8R. It actually has inserts on Channels 1/2.

and if you use a mixer like the NRV-10 then it has some really flexible routing. :)

And if you use a ProFire2626 it gets REAL crazy with the flexible routing they're doing with it. :)

But I do like the idea of it being in software. ;) And available across sound cards that wouldn't normally allow this sort of thing in the drivers or hardware itself. :)
MusicMeister

Re: Send/ Return option

Postby BennyB on 18 Dec 2012, 13:51

MusicMeister wrote:Interesting idea to do it in software... hmmmmm....

Although, some do this in hardware - like the Fast Track Ultra 8R. It actually has inserts on Channels 1/2.

and if you use a mixer like the NRV-10 then it has some really flexible routing. :)

And if you use a ProFire2626 it gets REAL crazy with the flexible routing they're doing with it. :)

But I do like the idea of it being in software. ;) And available across sound cards that wouldn't normally allow this sort of thing in the drivers or hardware itself. :)

This idea is useful for those, who only use controllers. YOu just need a third output, and a free input, and there you go :)

This idea has more in it that implementig VST effect plugins... there are a lot of handy effecter tools out there, that is easy to use.

BTW insterts are cool, but DJ-s don't really use it... however I got a mixer with SND/ RTn functions, and useful if the other DJ-s let me use their effect processors.
April 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month

aka. Ben

"...Music Is The Answer To The Problems..."

FOUNDER OF:
:cool: c00l People MV Society :cool:
!!!Sampler Fi!!!
Helping MIXVIBES FORUM being an awsome place
since 2011!

MixVibes People!!! UNITE!!!
BennyB

Return to Suggestions