Page 1 of 1

display of current time and pitch control

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2012, 17:12
by jsr7096
I started using Cross DJ at version 1.6 and paid to go to 1.7 so I love that 2.0.1 has been given to us for free. And I love the new features.

Two observations. The current time is displayed at the top righ-hand corner. It used to be HH:MM:SS, but now it is just HH:MM. Could we please have it back to HH:MM:SS or make it something that we can choose ourselves?

I have noticed that if I alter the pitch of a song to e.g. -10%, then I change the song, then it sticks at altering the pitch at -10%. This caught me out when playing via Autoplay and I wanted to slow down the first song, but play the remainder at their normal speed.

Is this a bug or a feature that I can edit?

Thanks

Re: display of current time and pitch control

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2012, 21:01
by Hannes
bout the pitch, it´s working like a cdj/turntable pitch, no reset just because you load a new track ;)

Re: display of current time and pitch control

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2012, 09:49
by sylMV
jsr7096 wrote:Two observations. The current time is displayed at the top righ-hand corner. It used to be HH:MM:SS, but now it is just HH:MM. Could we please have it back to HH:MM:SS or make it something that we can choose ourselves?

Do you really need seconds for the current time?

jsr7096 wrote:I have noticed that if I alter the pitch of a song to e.g. -10%, then I change the song, then it sticks at altering the pitch at -10%. This caught me out when playing via Autoplay and I wanted to slow down the first song, but play the remainder at their normal speed.

Is this a bug or a feature that I can edit?

j-kut wrote:bout the pitch, it´s working like a cdj/turntable pitch, no reset just because you load a new track ;)



Yup, j-kut is right. The way you use the autoplay is quite strange ;), but anyway, just remember to reset the player's pitch!

Re: display of current time and pitch control

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2012, 21:17
by jsr7096
1) TIME It's a personal preference but display of seconds with the time is highly desirable to quickly see the exact time for practical reasons as well.

I play music at 'modern jive' venues/events sometimes with classes taking place. The evening would have a timetable to follow so it's just useful being able to more accurately work out how much time I have left - especially with some venues.

Before I chose this software I reviewed other software that our DJs use to see what different features they had and come up with my own wish list. Something I noticed in Sam-DJ which I miss in Cross is that you can build an active playlist for your set and using the current time, and the length of the tracks, it's going time columns showing you what time each song will start/finish. Fantastic for judging a set when you might be on for e.g. 2 hours and someone else is taking over at a particular time, or in UK venues where the Premises Licence means you cannot play music after a certain time.

2) PITCH CONTROL .... ok I can see how it's emulating a CDJ unit in version 2.x. I personally preferred it in vers 1.6/1.7. Just realised - Autoplay'ing or not, each time I drop a new track on it doesn't reset back to zero. Personally that is annoying because it is inconvenient and could be something that via Preferences could be deactivated as a feature please [to clarify, I do want pitch control, but I want it to reset back to zero each time a track is loaded]