Slow Pitch/Tempo Reset

Suggest features and improvements

Slow Pitch/Tempo Reset

Postby KevMaverick on 08 Jan 2012, 02:22

I'd like to suggest that when resetting the pitch/tempo , it does so slowly, instead of instantly. This caught me out at a live gig recently, producing a very quick and noticeable change in the music.

I realise that this will become less of a problem as I use the sliders on my controller more and more, but the feature would be a very useful one. :biggrin:

Thanks.
Summer is here! Only 4 things we need - cold beer, hot ladies, loud music, and more cold beer!

March 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month

HP Pavilion dv6
2.5 GHz Intel Core i5-2450M
6 GB DDR3 ram
750Gb sata hd
Dual graphics Intel & Radeon
Beats Audio sound system
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

MEMBER OF:
:cool: c00l People MV Society :cool:
KevMaverick

Re: Slow Pitch/Tempo Reset

Postby Blackbrook on 08 Jan 2012, 14:46

Did you press the "o" button in the middle of the pitch bend buttons? I did that yesterday during a live set and it worked without problems for me. I have looped a melody in Tempo mode and moved about 10% without any issues :-X
Viele Grüße,
Cheers,
A plus,
Steve

Winner Mixvibes 10 years DJ contest 2009

Blackbrook

Postby KevMaverick on 09 Jan 2012, 19:34

I did press the 'o' button and it changed instantly. I don't know if the people dancing noticed - but I certainly did! :lol:

I'd been using the 'sync' button to mix, and started to get a little high on the bpm (about 5%). I hit the 'o'o button to try and bring everything back to normal speed.

I can see now why it's better to use the pitch sliders - much more fine control. I guess I've learned a good lesson there! ;)
Summer is here! Only 4 things we need - cold beer, hot ladies, loud music, and more cold beer!

HP Pavilion dv6
6 GB DDR3 ram
750Gb sata hd
Beats Audio sound system

MEMBER OF:
KevMaverick

Postby daniel clark on 10 Jan 2012, 01:57

:cool: :cool: :idea: thought to either remapp the controller to have a more slowwer curve or use the key board and map a funtion to raise or lower the pitch,i have mapped the gains on both decks to allow for keyboard control rather than mouse,, not so much a work around rather but rather expanding the control of the software :idea: :idea: it would be nice to know if the rate of increase/decrease already mapped in the key stroke shift 0 is adjustable and what would be the parameters :idea: :idea: :?: :?: :!: :cool: :cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby KevMaverick on 10 Jan 2012, 09:47

I've worked out a solution:

What I shall do in future is use the pitch sliders to sync the tracks as close as possible. Then if I do need to use the sync button to bring the tracks perfectly together, the pitch only shifts a tiny amount, and if I need to reset it, it will only be a tiny percentage, hardly audible, and the bonus is that I can still have full control through the sliders.

(What used to happen before, is that if I'd been using just the sync buttons, the pitch would also quickly return to the 'o' position when I even touched the sliders - still not good! However, using the method above, I can alter the pitch back to zero gradually, and it all works perfectly. :D)

HP Pavilion dv6
6 GB DDR3 ram
750Gb sata hd
Beats Audio sound system

MEMBER OF:
KevMaverick

Postby Lps on 28 Dec 2013, 18:41

KevMaverick wrote:I'd like to suggest that when resetting the pitch/tempo , it does so slowly, instead of instantly. This caught me out at a live gig recently, producing a very quick and noticeable change in the music.

the feature would be a very useful one. :biggrin:

Thanks.

Would REALLY love this to happen, would it be so hard to implement please?? ;)
2011 i7 17" MacBook Pro Quad Core 2.2Ghz 8gb Ram
Denon MC3000 (v1.005 Firmware) - Vestax Vci-300
CrossDj 2.6.0
Lps

Return to Suggestions