Page 1 of 1

Automatic Collection Update

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2011, 16:53
by Ruschi82
Hello friends!

First of all, sorry for my maybe bad english :)

I´m not shure if somebody talked allready about this in that forum, i found no tread about it so I will explain my question.

Is it not possible in Cross (I use 1.7) that the programm is always checking the Database automaticly. I know this funktion from a nother Digital DJ Software. There you can choose a main directory where you have saved your Musik and the Programm always check by self is there are new Tracks and import the tracks by self.

I think this is a very practicle funktion, maybe I´m the only one with this meaning but i think in Cross 1.7 - and i love the Programm - the handle with the collection and the import of new traks could be easier.

So maybe somebody allready have an idea for this or maybe this could be also an idea for the developers.

How ever... I would be happy to here something about this "problem".

Thanks and have Fun

Berni

Re: Automatic Collection Update

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2011, 17:21
by christiankoopmann
Hey,

one question to the inporting the songs. For me it is intuative and very easy. Import a directory and wait a few minutes and it is finished? what is there not easy? You can scan this folder again and Cross is only importing the new files which are not in the list so for me I thing this function will increase the startup time of Cross because it must check then for new songs. :cool: :cool:

regards
Christian

Re: Automatic Collection Update

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2011, 17:48
by Hannes
just set your music folder or iTunes on top of the node-dock and it will be automatically updated every start.

it´s not in the collection itself then, but the it´s up-to-date right from each start.

Re: Automatic Collection Update

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2011, 18:40
by Blackbrook
j-kut wrote:just set your music folder or iTunes on top of the node-dock and it will be automatically updated every start.

it´s not in the collection itself then, but the it´s up-to-date right from each start.


Good workaround!

Another question from my side: Why do a lot of people need "dynamic folders"? Speaking for myself I only add new files to my collection, never delete files. Explanations would be great, thanks!

Cheers,

Steve

Re: Automatic Collection Update

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2011, 20:07
by Hannes
Blackbrook wrote:Why do a lot of people need "dynamic folders"?


My best guess is because they wanna stop working actively, and have everything handled for them.

Btw i need an auto-playlist-feature for the auto-mix, and a timer function so Cross starts playing every friday from 10pm to 5am on it´s own.

All Hail the machine overlords!

Re: Automatic Collection Update

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2011, 20:19
by Jim B
Ruschi82 wrote: There you can choose a main directory where you have saved your Musik and the Programm always check by self is there are new Tracks and import the tracks by self.


I like the idea of this ;)

christiankoopmann wrote:Import a directory and wait a few minutes and it is finished?


This is what I do. Once every week.

Re: Automatic Collection Update

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2011, 12:11
by Support@MixVibes
From my experience, this can be very annoying (yes talking of this german software).
Always rescanning your folder with this huge amount of sub fodlers and tracks take times at each launch.
So you would also need a cancel button or a dialog box (do you really wanna scan the big folder ?).

Not saying it is a bad idea, just saying that it can be very annoying at last just for a few tracks or only one subfolder to have anything auto-synced. (just look for the iTunes pane reading the xml each time you jump there for the first time into the session).

Re: Automatic Collection Update

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2011, 13:47
by Blackbrook
Support@MixVibes wrote:From my experience, this can be very annoying (yes talking of this german software).
Always rescanning your folder with this huge amount of sub fodlers and tracks take times at each launch.
So you would also need a cancel button or a dialog box (do you really wanna scan the big folder ?).

Not saying it is a bad idea, just saying that it can be very annoying at last just for a few tracks or only one subfolder to have anything auto-synced. (just look for the iTunes pane reading the xml each time you jump there for the first time into the session).


Totally agree with you, even with "this german software" :D HAHA

Re: Automatic Collection Update

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2012, 15:51
by Ruschi82
Hello,

thanks for so much imput from your side and also some realy good contras. I see the problem for an automaticly scan of one harddrive with much subfolders and the startup would take longer.

I only knew this funktion of a nother digital DJ programm and there it was working well and the startup was not very long. Maybe the developer of Cross find sometimes a solution for it.

The solution with iTunes I agree, good idea but i dont work with this kind of Programm so for me personaly not the best solution, but how knows, maybe i shuld change to iTunes :)

How ever, thanks for your comments.

Best regards Tutto Gas.

Re: Automatic Collection Update

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2012, 15:58
by UncleVibes
I only knew this funktion of a nother digital DJ programm and there it was working well and the startup was not very long. Maybe the developer of Cross find sometimes a solution for it.


The start up isn't very long if you don't have 2500 or 25000 titles...
Of course the developers know how to do it. It can be an option...