F.ready

Re: Lets lobby for Linux Cross

Postby pooosoook on 10 Nov 2011, 14:49

+1
pooosoook

Postby Guid-J77 on 07 Dec 2011, 21:46

+ 1000000000000 :!: :!: :!: :lol:
Config: "PC portable ASUS X701C, seven (64bits), (core 2 duo 2.20Ghz, 4Go, DD 360Go) 2* platine Denon DN-S1000, Table mixage Behringer VMX-1000, Carte son U46MK2 + Cross 1.2.5
Guid-J77

Postby Blackbrook on 08 Dec 2011, 16:27

Since the new beta is a proof of stability I want to remove my +1 on the linux version :)
Viele Grüße,
Cheers,
A plus,
Steve

Winner Mixvibes 10 years DJ contest 2009

Blackbrook

Postby BennyB on 09 Dec 2011, 12:42

+1 :twisted:

Cross for Linux is my wish for birthday:D

If Cross for Linux comes out, my friend can make my Linux just for Cross. Without any unnecessary things using my CPU...

Lack of performance, but not Lack of Faith and Hope :D
April 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month

aka. Ben

"...Music Is The Answer To The Problems..."

FOUNDER OF:
:cool: c00l People MV Society :cool:
!!!Sampler Fi!!!
Helping MIXVIBES FORUM being an awsome place
since 2011!

MixVibes People!!! UNITE!!!
BennyB

Postby KevMaverick on 22 Dec 2011, 03:54

As a dedicated Ubuntu user, I'd certainly like to try a version of Cross for Linux. Ubuntu has become so reliable and stable that it could quite easily be used for live performances.

Like DzsoniB said, a linux installation could be tailored just to run Cross and very little else, maximising the system's resources. :)

So a +1 from me. :biggrin:
Summer is here! Only 4 things we need - cold beer, hot ladies, loud music, and more cold beer!

March 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month

HP Pavilion dv6
2.5 GHz Intel Core i5-2450M
6 GB DDR3 ram
750Gb sata hd
Dual graphics Intel & Radeon
Beats Audio sound system
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

MEMBER OF:
:cool: c00l People MV Society :cool:
KevMaverick

Postby Blackbrook on 03 Jan 2012, 20:07

This whole story of the open source and free available Linux distribution gets a new spin because of this:

To summarize the video, which is very long in comparison to the usual YT stuff ;), I can say that the machines in the near future will be more locked than today. Everyone using an iPhone already knows that there is an App Store where you get your software from. You are not allowed to install different software und if you use the possibility to do so (jailbreak) you loose warranty and it is a crime. Well, this is just he beginning (!). From what I have read and heard Apple will continue with their store for their forthcoming Macbooks, Mac Minis and iMacs, so for all of their sold hardware/machines. Windows is planning to do so too, so what does this mean to you. Well you rely on what Apple and Microsoft thinks is "good for you". In addition to that the guy in the video is talking about hardware to control that you are only allowed to install this and that software. So in the near future you can buy a Microsoft machine which allows you (!) to install different types of software while you are not allowed to install for example an open source software which you could have easily have loaded from the net.

What do you think of it? Is this an argument for bringing Cross to Linux?

Cheers,

Steve
Viele Grüße,
Cheers,
A plus,
Steve

Winner Mixvibes 10 years DJ contest 2009

Blackbrook

Postby UncleVibes on 03 Jan 2012, 20:48

As you say Apple invents the appstore and windows wish to do it or try to do it.
My first problem is that appstore get an exclusive 30% of the sales with no choice for the editor to fix a range of price.
Also the Appstore want to control contents of news papers. For example the daily mirror application on i phone doesn't exist because of 2 pages of "beautiful women nudity" inside this daily popular newspaper, same for the English newspaper the sun.
In some countries, the first lady is called 10%, I mean 10% if you want to do business in the state, 10% for the boss family.
So 30% is a medium range business between the poor first lady family and the 50% of gangs controlling prostitution.
The interest of the appstore is to bring other brands in this lucrative business because today they may understand that it's dangerous to develop a monopoly and better to make a cartel.
"More than a new technology a revolution!" Most revolutions destroy first their Pioneer supporters, careful my geeks friends.
International laws kill cartels and monopoly. careful Appstore and clone Remember of ATT
the biggest telephone company of the states obliged to divide in many non associate companies.
UncleVibes

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions