Lets lobby for Linux Cross

Suggest features and improvements

Re: Lets lobby for Linux Cross

Postby Alexkidd on 18 Jan 2013, 11:12

daniel clark wrote::?: :?: CrossDJ is the same software except for the use of time control,,,,,,
and use can limit the use options of Cross ,,and even use the earlier versions of Cross by keeping the collection seperate ,,
so thoes option you mention are possible ,,
MIDI control only = CrossDJ
MIDI control and timecode =Cross
may be i mis understood your p s :eek: :?:

I did not know this cause i am not a Cross DJ user thank you daniel for the info.
imma delete my ps.
Alexkidd

Postby mrkrabs on 19 Jan 2013, 13:50

i just gave the old Cross demo a quick shot with wine and guess what? it seems to run flawlessly oO I have no mixvibes record and no proper audio interface here, so timecode testing was a bit buggy. but i was able to get down to 128kbs with wineasio without any cracks/pops.

maybe i'll order a Cross Pack for further testing and keep you up to date ;)
IDA Germany Scratch Champion 2012 / 2013
mrkrabs

Postby KevMaverick on 19 Jan 2013, 14:04

Thanks for that. There's a lot of people who will be watching for your results! :mrgreen:
Summer is here! Only 4 things we need - cold beer, hot ladies, loud music, and more cold beer!

March 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month

HP Pavilion dv6
2.5 GHz Intel Core i5-2450M
6 GB DDR3 ram
750Gb sata hd
Dual graphics Intel & Radeon
Beats Audio sound system
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

MEMBER OF:
:cool: c00l People MV Society :cool:
KevMaverick

Postby mrkrabs on 19 Jan 2013, 14:32

i just got even torq 2.0 to work (bought the software for 20€ when they were selling it out).

if anyone wants to try for itself, here's what i did on ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64bit: (commands are for the terminal)

1. add the ubuntu wine ppa and install the latest wine1.5
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install wine1.5-dev
(this should install wine1.5 AND the dev-packages. in my experience, it can never hurt to have also the dev-packs installed :D )

2. add all the kxstudio repos and install wineasio & cadence (cadence is something like a modified qjackctl). thereby it should automatically install the latest version of jack.

sudo apt-add-repository (have a look here: http://kxstudio.sourceforge.net/KXStudio:Repositories)
as i didnt know the command for the terminal, i added the non-free repository through the software center :D
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install wineasio cadence

4. add yourself to the audio group
sudo adduser <username> audio
then log out and in again

5. configure wine & register wineasio
winecfg
regsvr32 wineasio.dll

6. start cadence and through it your jack server, install and run your favorite apllication, select "asio" & "wineasio" in the prefs, hopefully have fun :D Cross 1.7 was showing some missing graphics, but as soon as i opened the prefs they were all restored
IDA Germany Scratch Champion 2012 / 2013
mrkrabs

Postby Di Rossi on 25 Jan 2013, 07:10

Wine and tricks...and to be honest...nothing... i give away this discussion far far bewind...this treat lets us to no place at all...the MV boss don't want to spend money on develop the linux version...i don't want to use emulation to do gigs...i have to give away my money to buy a mac...to work properly and give the big Mens up more money to them f***up everything...i in a stage of my career that need to evolve...and lets be.honest windows sucks for working audio...i still prefer linux ubuntu as my main and favorite OS...and yes is stable, proper and excellent kit of OS...THE BEST...
But it seems that we will never be "our" dream come true...so...rest my case..trully hopping that i'm terribly wrong...
and the next time i see this post will be someone saying that the linux version is in deed a reality...
Di Rossi

Postby Alexkidd on 25 Jan 2013, 11:31

You really speaked my mind. no comments on this.

Di Rossi wrote:Wine and tricks...and to be honest...nothing... i give away this discussion far far bewind...this treat lets us to no place at all...the MV boss don't want to spend money on develop the linux version...i don't want to use emulation to do gigs...i have to give away my money to buy a Mac...to work properly and give the big Mens up more money to them f***up everything...i in a stage of my career that need to evolve...and lets be.honest windows sucks for working audio...i still prefer linux ubuntu as my main and favorite OS...and yes is stable, proper and excellent kit of OS...THE BEST...
But it seems that we will never be "our" dream come true...so...rest my case..trully hopping that i'm terribly wrong...
and the next time i see this post will be someone saying that the linux version is in deed a reality...
Alexkidd

Postby ElucTheG33K on 03 Apr 2013, 09:59

Any update ? With Bitwig coming on Linux it would be great to have Cross on Linux too. Everyday I try to move more and more of my computer work to Linux.
Cross 2.6.0 + U46MK2
CDJ-350 (2x) + DJM-350 in flycase
AKAI LPD8
PC VAIO i5 520M@2.40Ghz - 8GB - SSD HD - Windows 7 64bits
ElucTheG33K

Postby Hannes on 03 Apr 2013, 10:11

wine is not an emulator :lol:
June 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month

https://soundcloud.com/han-nes-10/fridaybeatdown2ndedition
no support by pm

beta troll

Macbook Pro 13, late 2011, 6GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500
Thudrumble TR-1S, Vestax VFX-1, ESI Maya USB+, Rane SL2
Hannes

Postby Alexkidd on 03 Apr 2013, 11:12

ElucTheG33K wrote:Any update ? With Bitwig coming on Linux it would be great to have Cross on Linux too. Everyday I try to move more and more of my computer work to Linux.

i don't believe this is going to happen. we will probably be forced to buy a super expensive macbook or switch to a linux software if they ever get advanced enough
Alexkidd

Postby Support@MixVibes on 03 Apr 2013, 11:28

ARM and other mobile-light board are getting slowly stronger, Atom and AMD450 are the target.
Support@MixVibes

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions