Lets lobby for Linux Cross

Suggest features and improvements

Linux Cross Version???

Postby Di Rossi on 01 Feb 2012, 06:46

Hi....
When do i have the pleasure to download a linux version of the Cross?i have the sound card already install in the ubuntu...but i need the Cross version and then i have my gear complete...
Di Rossi

Re: Linux Cross Version???

Postby Jim B on 01 Feb 2012, 07:58

There is a thread running in the Cross Suggestion forum. I suggest posting your Linux wishes there....

viewtopic.php?f=360&t=21634&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
Jim B

Re: Lets lobby for Linux Cross

Postby Blackbrook on 01 Feb 2012, 13:30

Di Rossi wrote:+++++1 please this must be a real thing the ubuntu it´s a better than all the other....by the way did the wine run in DVS system?

Very very poor, even Cross got drop outs with wine on my AMD Phenom II X6 1075T (6 x 3 GHz) with 8 GB RAM. I have no clue why, but it seems as if wine is not worth using it with real time audio.
Viele Grüße,
Cheers,
A plus,
Steve

Winner Mixvibes 10 years DJ contest 2009

Blackbrook

Postby Di Rossi on 01 Feb 2012, 20:54

What a dissapoint....this topic have a year and many people want a linux version but untill noe not a single drop or word of the board....
I not a lot but a lot og DJ's of internacional projection,likr gregor salto,chus,pete tha zouk, pedro cazanova....and etc xD all used traktor and i used mixvibes an one of the reasson that i said to them is the only company i now that bring custumers/company to another level....i really prouf of being part of mixvibes family,but i also really proud if we are the first DJ software to bring out a linux version....after all linux it's for me the best platform in the world....
Chears
Di Rossi

Postby KevMaverick on 01 Feb 2012, 22:08

Di Rossi wrote:What a dissapoint....this topic have a year and many people want a linux version but untill noe not a single drop or word of the board....
I not a lot but a lot og DJ's of internacional projection,likr gregor salto,chus,pete tha zouk, pedro cazanova....and etc xD all used traktor and i used mixvibes an one of the reasson that i said to them is the only company i now that bring custumers/company to another level....i really prouf of being part of mixvibes family,but i also really proud if we are the first DJ software to bring out a linux version....after all linux it's for me the best platform in the world....
Chears

If you look back a couple of pages on this topic, you'll see that a private beta was tried, but Linux still has it's limitations. I also would love a Linux version, but until the sound system in that OS is improved, then a fully developed version of Mixvibes is not yet possible.

I'm glad that you're proud of being a Mixvibes user - you are amongst many of us who love this software, and feel like we are part of a family. :biggrin:
Summer is here! Only 4 things we need - cold beer, hot ladies, loud music, and more cold beer!

March 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month

HP Pavilion dv6
2.5 GHz Intel Core i5-2450M
6 GB DDR3 ram
750Gb sata hd
Dual graphics Intel & Radeon
Beats Audio sound system
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

MEMBER OF:
:cool: c00l People MV Society :cool:
KevMaverick

Postby Di Rossi on 01 Feb 2012, 22:30

Sound problms even if you use an external sound card....
I proud every day...and i have to full versions of traktor.one torq and a virtual (all of them ofter to me)and i never used them xD....
One more time LINUX VERSION PLEASE XD
Di Rossi

Re: Linux Cross Version???

Postby Di Rossi on 02 Feb 2012, 00:59

thanks....i already post there xD
Di Rossi

Postby Stealthii on 17 Mar 2012, 16:48

A solution to the audio problem was already discussed before, bringing about a custom implementation of Jack, which has a pre-defined set of supported Audio Interfaces. You select the audio interface you are using, and the software configures it's implementation of JACK to work with that hardware.

Support for Firewire audio is low, but getting there, I occasionally submit patches to the FFADO project. If you have any technical expertise and wish to help out, you should too. :)
3-hour radio show, Mixvibes Cross only!
http://soundcloud.com/stealthii/isa3
MacBook Pro 13" Summer-2011 16GB RAM, Vertex-III SSD
OSX 10.7.3
Ecler Evo 5 Mixer
Technics 1210MK5 x2
Ortofon S-120 OM carts x2
Stealthii

Postby Di Rossi on 19 Mar 2012, 04:10

great post dude....real thanks....one of other questions is how in the world did you put the Cross in the ubuntu 11.04??they say that the wine doesnt run in real time audio...
Di Rossi

Postby Blackbrook on 19 Mar 2012, 09:47

I think he is talking about what is possible, not about what he already did ;)
Viele Grüße,
Cheers,
A plus,
Steve

Winner Mixvibes 10 years DJ contest 2009

Blackbrook

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions