Mixvibes Cross plugin system?

Suggest features and improvements

Mixvibes Cross plugin system?

Postby Stealthii on 12 Jun 2011, 21:42

I have no idea how Invibes has written Cross so I unsure of the feasibility of a plugin system. However I feel it would be a great way to extend the features of Cross without the need to wait for an official implementation. Want to rewrite the auto-gain algorithm? What about adding effects, or writing a more efficient vinyl audio filter? (Or have none at all to improve performance). HID support for your favourite controller? The ability to turn on and off features improves the extendability and durability of Cross, and also creates instability.

Naturally no plugins would be much better, however it gives those of us who are programmers the ability to play with, and possibly improve Cross' core package. The plugins, or modules, could even be submitted as ideas for analysis by the development team. The community is Mixvibes' biggest ally, and although Cross is improving at a rate of insanity compared to competing products, whilst also remaining rock solid, I still think there's a lot more to be done in the suggestion category.
3-hour radio show, Mixvibes Cross only!
http://soundcloud.com/stealthii/isa3
MacBook Pro 13" Summer-2011 16GB RAM, Vertex-III SSD
OSX 10.7.3
Ecler Evo 5 Mixer
Technics 1210MK5 x2
Ortofon S-120 OM carts x2
Stealthii

Re: Mixvibes Cross plugin system?

Postby Stealthii on 12 Jun 2011, 21:44

I'm not suggesting to change Mixvibes development model, but an alternative to this idea would be prototype builds of suggested features, and getting feedback based on it's implementation, which can then be used towards the development of a future released version of Cross.
3-hour radio show, Mixvibes Cross only!
http://soundcloud.com/stealthii/isa3
MacBook Pro 13" Summer-2011 16GB RAM, Vertex-III SSD
OSX 10.7.3
Ecler Evo 5 Mixer
Technics 1210MK5 x2
Ortofon S-120 OM carts x2
Stealthii

Re: Mixvibes Cross plugin system?

Postby Support@MixVibes on 22 Jun 2011, 16:55

I don't think that the framework is open to blocks and other external module. It is not very open by it's nature... :(
Support@MixVibes

Return to Suggestions