Page 3 of 4

Re: Mixvibes Cross - True 24-bit audio support

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2011, 21:20
by dj_cross_fade
+1

Re: Mixvibes Cross - True 24-bit audio support

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2011, 23:07
by daniel clark
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :!:

Re: Mixvibes Cross - True 24-bit audio support

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2011, 09:27
by sylMV
j-kut wrote:afaik thats only the codec from the digital out, the rca-out and the actual interface in the cdj2000 is usb1.1 and 16bit.


You're right, we used the digital out, but if it works without problem, it just means Cross is correctly replying the soundcard requests!

j-kut wrote:I´m honestly quite annyoed,

but anyway, give me an address and i´ll send you guys a TA6 to test. :cool:


We also tested with an Audio8 (i guess it's about the same) and, although we didn't find any way to use it in 16bits, no noticeable difference on 24bits output compared to a u46 for instance...

Re: Mixvibes Cross - True 24-bit audio support

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2011, 10:02
by Hannes
Hi Syl,

i really appreciate you dealing with me (and issues in general) in an open way...

btw i wasnt joking bout sending you guys a ta6 to test, i mean it. ;)

when you say there´s not much difference between the u46mk2 and an audio8, i cant really believe that, but i´m not gonna question it as well :)

Anyway, if there´s a way to really set the output to 0db and not >+8db like it is with most new (high-output) interfaces i´d kiss your french ass :lol:

Re: Mixvibes Cross - True 24-bit audio support

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2011, 10:13
by Support@MixVibes
On the same mixer with the same track, the gain position knob is :
- U-Mix44 : 1 o'clock
- U46mk2 : 11 o'clock
- Audio 8 : exactly in the middle of 10 to 11 o'clock

So excuse me for not understanding where is the issue because for me half a position on the gain is not something huge as you describe it.
I don't think there is 16dB between 10 to 11 o'clock.

The difference is far more important between the U-Mix44 and the U46 than between the two last ones.

As previously said, we didn't found any way to switch the Audio 8 form 16 to 24 (or reverse) even with the native drivers.

Re: Mixvibes Cross - True 24-bit audio support

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2011, 10:22
by sylMV
j-kut wrote:Hi Syl,

i really appreciate you dealing with me (and issues in general) in an open way...

No pb my dear.

j-kut wrote:btw i wasnt joking bout sending you guys a ta6 to test, i mean it. ;)

Sure, i got it, is there any difference with the audio 8 from what you know?

j-kut wrote:Anyway, if there´s a way to really set the output to 0db and not >+8db like it is with most new (high-output) interfaces i´d kiss your french ass :lol:

I perfectly get you, but i'm afraid Cross isn't responsible for this +8dB instead of 0dB... so maybe no kiss for now :mrgreen:

Re: Mixvibes Cross - True 24-bit audio support

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2011, 10:29
by Hannes
@support: understand that, i couldnt find a way to turn the NI interfaces to 16bit as well, though there should be as stated in the NI manual....

on a ttm56s the gains are:

U46mk2: 12.15 -> fine
NI TA6: 9.30 -> hard to adjust, highend seems a bit harsh
Rane SL2: 8.45 -> horrible to adjust, sound is fine though.

on a pmc05pro3 the trim is basically turned down all the way.

with 1.5.5 there is no sound issue with the TA6, in 1.6.1 there is a little.
Also it´s better in the latest beta because the gain is reduced by 3-4db for alot of my tracks (esp. DnB, Breakbeat)

@Syl: output is higher, different (imo slightly modified) codecs, differnt driver.

I´ll send it to the address given in the contacts, to your hands personally :lol:

Offtopic.HorsSujet!
Pardon me if i get upset, it´s just a hard to see stuff working elsewhere, when it doesn´t the way i want it to in Cross :lol: it´s just the same problem i had years ago with the conectiv and it´s ridiculous output...wasn´t a problem in Torq because there was a master-output. :neutral: what do i know, i just wanna spin records ;)

Re: Mixvibes Cross - True 24-bit audio support

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2011, 10:51
by daniel clark
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Re: Mixvibes Cross - True 24-bit audio support

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2011, 13:06
by Support@MixVibes
j-kut wrote:@support: understand that, i couldnt find a way to turn the NI interfaces to 16bit as well, though there should be as stated in the NI manual....

on a ttm56s the gains are:

U46mk2: 12.15 -> fine
NI TA6: 9.30 -> hard to adjust, highend seems a bit harsh
Rane SL2: 8.45 -> horrible to adjust, sound is fine though.

on a pmc05pro3 the trim is basically turned down all the way.

with 1.5.5 there is no sound issue with the TA6, in 1.6.1 there is a little.
Also it´s better in the latest beta because the gain is reduced by 3-4db for alot of my tracks (esp. DnB, Breakbeat)

@Syl: output is higher, different (imo slightly modified) codecs, differnt driver.

I´ll send it to the address given in the contacts, to your hands personally :lol:

Offtopic.HorsSujet!
Pardon me if i get upset, it´s just a hard to see stuff working elsewhere, when it doesn´t the way i want it to in Cross :lol: it´s just the same problem i had years ago with the conectiv and it´s ridiculous output...wasn´t a problem in Torq because there was a master-output. :neutral: what do i know, i just wanna spin records ;)


Can you tried with the track gain set to 0 ? May be the auto gain did a bad analysis and give too much gain on your test track.

Re: Mixvibes Cross - True 24-bit audio support

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2011, 13:17
by Hannes
It´s even with corrected gains.

from a pure audible pov the new gain-analysis is really good, but the vu-meters should be hidden ;)
you know what i mean?
though it´s digial-processing and there´s most likely no quality-loss with less gain it´s just really odd to look at.