Countdown Timer

Suggest features and improvements

Countdown Timer

Postby DJ Jeff Neil on 25 May 2011, 19:51

I do a live Internet DJ show lasting two-hours run under Cross. I find it advantageous to have Cross occupy all of the screen's real estate. Tight timing for the show is extremely important as the automation auto-starts at the end of the live shows. It would be extremely handy to have a countdown timer built right into Cross.

I know that there are external timers that can be purchased, but they are either too expensive (pro studio timers) or two small (kitchen or personal timers.) It would be great if a countdown function could be built right into Cross. Maybe it could even be set to auto-start with the first song.

Thanks!

Jeff
DJ Jeff Neil

Re: Countdown Timer

Postby Blackbrook on 25 May 2011, 22:54

Hello,

as far as I am informed this is possible! Please check the first page of your Cross preferences. There you can adjust the time when Cross starts blinking at the end of the track.
If you mean the whole two hours then the only idea I have is that you have a quick look at your upper right corner: there is the clock ;)

Nevertheless the team has to decide if this will become a point on their huge list ;) This are just my ideas of "fixing your problem" ;)

Cheers,

Steve
Viele Grüße,
Cheers,
A plus,
Steve

Winner Mixvibes 10 years DJ contest 2009

Blackbrook

Postby DJ Jeff Neil on 26 May 2011, 14:10

Thanks for your response, Steve.

I am indeed talking about a countdown timer for the entire two-hour radio show (or whatever time is appropriate for others who may also need this function.)

For broadcast, precise show timing can be important. Yet pro timers are extremely expensive and take up desk space. A timer as part of Cross would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff
DJ Jeff Neil

Postby Blackbrook on 26 May 2011, 21:28

Being a jerk I can suggest to type

Code: Select all
shutdown -s -t 7200

in your command window in windows. This will shutdown the computer after exactly 2 hours ;) Okay, this is not very professional and I am just kidding. I can see your problem! I am no good C/C# programmer, but I guess that it does not take too much time and knowledge to program a timer on your own. Would this be an option?

When I am thinking at the time when I did live streams years back there was an option that my stream goes online if the DJ playing before goes offline. So there was a clean transition. It was just a mark in the shoutcast plugin of winamp but very very handy.

The fact that I am posting different solutions does not automatically mean that no one hears/reads what you are demanding! Just trying to "fix" your issue ;)

Cheers,

Steve
Viele Grüße,
Cheers,
A plus,
Steve

Winner Mixvibes 10 years DJ contest 2009

Blackbrook

Postby boc on 26 May 2011, 22:04

Blackbrook wrote:Being a jerk
[...]