Extract track metadata to display to OBS/twitch in realtime?

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
This is a community forum. To reach Mixvibes staff, please send your support requests through this page.

Users with Cross DJ Mac bought in the App Store please join group User Cross DJ App Store to write in the support forum ucp.php?i=172

Other users must follow these rules.:
[size=115]* Register your software (User Control Panel > Profile > Serial Number)
* Go to the download center and install the latest versions of software and drivers
* Use the search tool to look into topics
* Check the FAQs to make sure your problem isn't already solved.

Extract track metadata to display to OBS/twitch in realtime?

Postby djtigon on 21 Oct 2020, 18:29

Wondering if anyone knows if this is possible with Cross. Ive seen that someone wrote a tool to expose trackmeta data from the Rekordbox database (on ones computer) and writes the current metadata to 3 text files (and a .jpg of the album artwork, which would be nice but i dont really care about that so much) that can then be read into OBS for display on a livestream.

Anyone know if there is a way to get, at minimum: TrackID & ArtistID from Cross while playing to display on screen?

Ive searched but if this exists already apparently my googleFu is failing me on this one.
djtigon

Return to Community Support