Back after a year and still dissapointed Cross DJ Pro 4.2

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Back after a year and still dissapointed Cross DJ Pro 4.2

Postby Faizel M on 02 Aug 2020, 08:57

Hi Everyone

My last post on this forum was about May 2019 when I was bitterly dissapointed in the manner how Cross DJ 4 was marketed (especially to us who had the full version of Cross 3). Bought Cross DJ 4 on early access thinking it was Pro as Mixvibes never labelled its full version as "Pro". I was so awfully dissapointed that I didnt even use Cross DJ 4 and ended up using VDJ and Traktor Pro 3.

Then in July 2020 there was this "amazing summer deal" again for Croos DJ Pro 4.2. But sadly, still bugs with sound.

Come on Dev Team. You are doing something right to get some of us back but PLEASE sort out these software issues.

I'm suspecting that this could be the reason why we dont get decent reviews on Cross DJ 4 Pro. :redface: :rolleyes: :!:

FAIZEL M
Faizel M

Re: Back after a year and still dissapointed Cross DJ Pro 4.

Postby Hanginon on 03 Aug 2020, 17:00

We'll, I'm still here after longer than a year - and I'm disappointed too!

Basically, unless you have a very powerful computer, it's too buggy to use live. Your right, "I'm suspecting that this could be the reason why we don't get decent reviews on Cross DJ 4 Pro." However, of even greater concern, there is no indication that anything is being done to fix it.

To date - 2884 downloads of V3.4.3, 150 downloads of V4.2 - IMHO that pretty much sums it up!
Hanginon

Postby Faizel M on 03 Aug 2020, 23:38

Hanginon wrote:We'll, I'm still here after longer than a year - and I'm disappointed too!

Basically, unless you have a very powerful computer, it's too buggy to use live. Your right, "I'm suspecting that this could be the reason why we don't get decent reviews on Cross DJ 4 Pro." However, of even greater concern, there is no indication that anything is being done to fix it.

To date - 2884 downloads of V3.4.3, 150 downloads of V4.2 - IMHO that pretty much sums it up!

Thats Not Good :eek: :!:
Faizel M

Postby kelt on 06 Aug 2020, 20:28

+1

using Tratkor 3 now, and i dont like it.. but even better then Cross4, thats sad!
Lenovo Ideapad Z-360 - Hercules DJ Trim 4 & 6
Xone:42 - Denon HC1000S - Technics 1210 MK5
Yamaha HS-50M Speaker - HS-10W Subwoofer

https://soundcloud.com/djkelt
kelt

Postby DJRicoche on 23 Sep 2020, 22:24

I'm still using 3.4.3 - 4 Doesn't offer nearly the features I need - not to mention I can't even find the download link despite having the serial numbers listed in my BIO.

Mixvibes is really making a mess of things, focusing too much on mobile apps and touch software IMHO.

Version 4 ruined the experience for those of us doing video, and it seems like they are moving in the direction of creating add-ons and separate pieces of software to use when VJing which just adds complexity and the need for more equipment.

Add to that, the lack of and REAL customer support (A forum? really? It's 2020 - how about some live support?!) and I have lost all hope that Mixvibes will ever be a viable option beyond version 3.4.3

Quite frankly, it's disappointing.
DJRicoche

Postby RoJeC on 24 Sep 2020, 01:59

Agree that v4 has (almost) nothing better than v3.4.3. Only use it when trying to help a new v4 user out.

Live support isn't really an option. There are just not enough questions by users to provide someone available especially since questions come from all timezones.

Forum does feel a bit outdated. but still one of the view ways to provide 24 hour a day community support (though the community is shrinking...).

Other than layout/interface any current social media does not provide an option that's not build in the forum.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby ldorio on 09 Oct 2020, 02:23

I'd switch back to Cross tomorrow if we could just get 3.4.4 with some bugfixes.
ldorio

Postby Hanginon on 09 Oct 2020, 04:47

ldorio wrote:I'd switch back to Cross tomorrow if we could just get 3.4.4 with some bugfixes.

V3.4.4 - wouldn't that be something!!

I DJ'd on V3.4.3 last night. My two biggest peeves are -
1) Songs cue up at first beat marker, not at the songs beginning
2) When the song finishes, the song resets and looks like it has never been played.

My fix for #2 is changing the "Lead Out" value in the MixVibes config file to "360000" which gives me 6 full minutes before the song resets.

I'd be interested in any other work-arounds others have come up with.
Hanginon

Postby ldorio on 23 Oct 2020, 17:42

This would literally bring me straight back to Cross. It was so close to being perfect. The efficiency of it is really admirable too - I played a couple of festivals on Cross, and old NI card, and a laptop from 2011, lowest latency, not a single glitch.
ldorio

Return to Community Support