Cross DJ 4 not playing :(

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
This is a community forum. To reach Mixvibes staff, please send your support requests through this page.

Users with Cross DJ Mac bought in the App Store please join group User Cross DJ App Store to write in the support forum ucp.php?i=172

Other users must follow these rules.:
[size=115]* Register your software (User Control Panel > Profile > Serial Number)
* Go to the download center and install the latest versions of software and drivers
* Use the search tool to look into topics
* Check the FAQs to make sure your problem isn't already solved.

Cross DJ 4 not playing :(

Postby teknoid on 05 May 2020, 15:29

hello, new here, just obtained Cross DJ 4 and I cant get it to work.
i am quite experienced setting up audio devices and software.

with both of my soundcards i get the same problem: the tracks only play when i hold(!) the CUE button
in no other way i can make the tracks play.

i had this problem allready with the demo . and i have written to support.,.but unfortunately no answer.

I have a xone k2 controller/soundcard combo which i bought just for Cross. Since a very long time i can not get things to work, with this problem.

furthermore: on the website the next links don't work: i cant find the manual, cant find the FAQ and also the support form. does not work: I can not send a message

i am starting to worry i have thrown away my money: things look in a very bad shape..

thank you for any help, specially concerning the play problem.
I have set things up as Dual Stereo.
Last edited by teknoid on 06 May 2020, 11:28, edited 1 time in total.
teknoid

Re: Cross DJ 4 not playing :(

Postby RoJeC on 05 May 2020, 20:18

Most of your issues, likely all, will be solved by following the forum rules as written in the grey box on top.

Register, download latest version for your license (think it's 3.4.3).

I would assume the MIDI issue will be solved as well, else it's a MIDI issue that can be set differently.
Ronald

downloads + more forums = Register license(ucp.php?i=169)
Apple store new user? first read viewtopic.php?f=259&t=34199
Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby teknoid on 05 May 2020, 20:53

Hi Ronald thanks for a quick reply!

excuse me but some things were/are not quite clear to me.

For the Forum: I have now put my 'License key' there where a 'serial number' is asked, this seems to be right, right?
I 'registered the software' when installing it, so to me the terminology is a bit confusing.

As said, today i have payed for and installed version 4.2.0, so not sure why it would be 3.4.x?

The links on the website pointing to the FAQ and Manual loop back to the Cross DJ 4 product page.
So I still don't have a manual, as I only found the non-working tip from the signature/text of your posts: 'Code 404 It looks like you are lost!'
when going to manual from Cross DJ 4

So I have moved in circles trying to make things work for hours, it has become an obsession. Is there some little thing i have missed? I sure hope so.

i am really looking forward to finally get this working!

kind regards and thanks for your concern!
teknoid

Postby Team@Mixvibes on 06 May 2020, 13:19

Hi teknoid,

You can find the FAQ for Cross DJ at the following address: https://www.mixvibes.com/cross-dj-help/

At the bottom of that page you will also find the link to the support form, which you can also find in our signature below.

Hope this helps,
Team @Mixvibes
For support requests, you can check out the FAQ and reach our support staff at this page.
Thank You!
Team@MixVibes gives no support on the forums including via PM
Team@Mixvibes

Postby teknoid on 06 May 2020, 16:25

double post
Last edited by teknoid on 06 May 2020, 16:28, edited 1 time in total.
teknoid

Postby teknoid on 06 May 2020, 16:27

I know that link very well, that page it looks most like a specs sheet. Referring to the problem stated in my first post i cant understand how the link would be helpful.

Yesterday I have, for the second time, filled in the help form.
No response yet, and i never had any reply to my inguiry over the help form, about 6 months ago.

i am having this problem for months: as for now i cant run the software on macbook pro.
>Hope this helps,
>Team @Mixvibe

No not at all unfortunately. Cross DJ 4 is still not working (and I still no manual).

P.S. Maybe I come over as a bit harsh. But I am quite worried atm. I took the risk of buying the software, even when i could not get the demo to work.
But when i get no answer to multiple Support Form inquiry's, and just a unhelpful link as an answer to the problem (I now described for the third time, this time here on the forum) , this does not make things better. I feel it is not been taken seriously.

kind regards
teknoid

Postby Team@Mixvibes on 07 May 2020, 14:29

Hi teknoid,

Could you send us an email to support@mixvibes.com directly with your inquiry, as well as a screenshot of what you see on the FAQ page. The FAQ page should have a lot of answers to a lot of problems but it seems like it's not showing up properly for you.

It might also be because we've recently updated the website that the support form is not working properly. I'll check up on that.

Regards,
Team @ Mixvibes
For support requests, you can check out the FAQ and reach our support staff at this page.
Thank You!
Team@MixVibes gives no support on the forums including via PM
Team@Mixvibes

Postby teknoid on 13 May 2020, 07:45

Hi,
okay so I just followed instructions and wrote the problem to Support (again) , for the 3th time now already

Until now i did not have a reaction on any of them, not even as much as a confirmation (and yes, i have looked in the spam folder too)
The last one was four days ago now.

My hope and patience is really getting tested here...
teknoid

Postby Hanginon on 13 May 2020, 16:05

teknoid wrote:Hi,
okay so I just followed instructions and wrote the problem to Support (again) , for the 3th time now already

Until now i did not have a reaction on any of them, not even as much as a confirmation (and yes, i have looked in the spam folder too)
The last one was four days ago now.

My hope and patience is really getting tested here...

Perhaps we should change -
"Team@MixVibes gives no support on the forums including via PM"
which just by itself is truly unfortunate, to -
"Team@MixVibes gives no support. Period"
Hanginon

Postby Antois on 17 May 2020, 23:12

https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/upl ... manual.pdf
It's the latest version of the manual (2017). You can find it via Google as well.
https://www.allen-heath.com/media/Mixvi ... apping.pdf Here you find the midi-mapping of Mixvibes Cross LE for the Allen & Heath XONE:K2. It's the same as for Cross DJ 4. Look in the Audio tab in Preferences of your Cross DJ software. There you might find the solution of your problem. You have to assign the outputs of the K2-soundcard to the Cross mixer and choose a routing mode.
Antois

Next

Return to Community Support