Simply lost with XONE 23C and Cross DJ

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Simply lost with XONE 23C and Cross DJ

Postby 23e Heure on 26 Aug 2019, 12:55

Hi there,

I've been using CrossDJ 3 and a XONE23C for a few years.
I have it hooked up to 2 x 1210s, and I mix using traditional vinyl and DVS.
I haven't used it for about 6months, and now am having such a headache getting it to work!

When I was last using it, sometimes when I booted up CrossDJ3, it wouldn't 'see' the DVS/timecode input.
I would usually spend about half an hour trying to remember which (unintuitive) button to press to toggle the input to work for DVS, and then off I would go again.

This time however I just couldn't work out what to press and.seeing that to use Soundcloud I need CRossDJ4, I paid for the upgrade in the hope it would just 'fix' the issue.

No joy though... in fact I'm even more lost with v4!

I cannot figure how to get CrossDJ to see the input from the XONE23, nor can I get it to 'use' the timecode vinyl input to drive the eps files on CrossDJ.

CrossDJ definitely sees the XONE23.
When I go to Audio Preferences, it is selectable in the dropdown for both Input and Output.
I have tried every combination of settings for Audi Prefs:

But the only way I can start/stop/manipulate the audio files on the decks on Cross DJ is manually, by pointing and clicking at the on screen controls.

How do I activate and start using DVS!!? HELP! :lol:
23e Heure

Re: Simply lost with XONE 23C and Cross DJ

Postby jaymarkus on 26 Aug 2019, 14:02

You´re right Cross 3.xxx doesn´t support soundcloud yet.

I think you have bought the false Version of Cross 4

CrossDJ4 Controller or Mouse
CrossDJ4 Pro has DVS and HID control

in crossDJ4 Pro there was additionally a Tab next to Audio (Vinyl/CD)
SAMSUNG RC530-S0EDE/Core I7 2670QM/8GB/1TB Harddisk/NVIDIA GT540/Mixvibes DVS Upgrade Version 7.218+Mixvibes Cross 3.3.11/Numark NDX 800*2/Korg Zero 4 Mixer&SYNQ SMX-3/Technics 1210MkII*2/Traktor Audio 6 Soundcard/U-Mix Control Pro
jaymarkus

Postby 23e Heure on 26 Aug 2019, 15:14

Duh! Looks like you are right, you need 4 PRO for DVS :rolleyes:

I am now trying to get a refund on the upgrade, so I can re-purchase an upgrade to PRO version.
IN the meantime, I have another question:

How do I use 4 PRO (or 3.3) to record output from my XONE 23?

I want to use it to create WAVs of my vinyl collection.
Again... I can't find a way to map the Audio Prefs so that the input from the mixer is showing up.

Thanks!
23e Heure

Postby soundboyrich on 27 Aug 2019, 03:18

Guys, did you not read my post, http://forum.mixvibes.com/viewtopic.php?f=358&t=40295 . Cross Pro 4 cannot calibrate 2 turntables as yet. No response from the developer team if it will be addressed. Cross Pro4 is useless to me without this being able to use turntables & DVS.
soundboyrich

Return to Community Support