Cross V4 Load Player using keyboard, map keyboard

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Cross V4 Load Player using keyboard, map keyboard

Postby soundboyrich on 20 Aug 2019, 03:19

Looking for a way to map my windows keyboard to Load into Player A, press Aa key, Load into Player B, pressBa key. I never like that MixVibes Cross require 2 hands or 2 finger to load a Player. The original MixVibes used A and B keys to load Player A, B respectfully.

I go into Preference, Keyboard, select the PC Desktop Keyboard, search for "load" and nothing found to load the players. I use the keyboard on every file to load file formats to the player. I never use click and drag with the mouse, its tedious after thousands of clicks.
soundboyrich

Re: Cross V4 Load Player using keyboard, map keyboard

Postby soundboyrich on 21 Aug 2019, 06:16

I go to Preference, Keyboard, duplicate a Qwerty keyboard. Found "Tracks Rack" Mapping, where "Load in Player A" and "Load in PLayer B menu exist. Shift+cursor left/right or ctrl+cursor left. I added keyboard "a" and "b" but these commands are obviously used elsewhere. When using the key letter A or B nothing loads, I think there is a conflict with another feature key. I search and search for A and B keys and can't find out where A and B keys are used to remove the feature and use it only for the Load Player feature.

I do an alt-tab and come back to Cross V4, I now see all my selected files loading one after another... So there is some conflict with key A and B persisting.
soundboyrich

Postby RoJeC on 21 Aug 2019, 09:08

If commands are in use for an other setting you get a warning when editing. When confirmed the change will remove the command from the "old".

Single keystrokes are used for navigation in the track rack.
When pressed cursor moves to character in sorting column.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby soundboyrich on 22 Aug 2019, 04:03

There is a SOFTWARE BUG with this feature. Keys only worked when the Player have mouse focus and you press A key or B key. If the Tracks or Mediabase etc. has focus nothing loads to the Players.

I even turned off "Activate a window by hovering over it with the mouse" and the problem persisted. I keep this on usually in the Ease of Access Center Windows 10.

OK, confirmed that there is no warning when you reusing a key on the keyboard in Cross Pro V4. I was able to assign A key to "Load in Player C", without any warning. Then I moved A key back to "Load in Player A" again without any warning.
soundboyrich

Return to Community Support