Cross DJ 4 - Corrupted M4A files

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Cross DJ 4 - Corrupted M4A files

Postby jag2911 on 13 Jun 2019, 15:40

HI all,

Since upgrading the v4 I now have 6 or 7 corrupted m4a files that will not analyse. They were perfectly fine in previous version and work fine through iTunes etc

Any ideas please? Thanks is advance ;)

macOS 10.14.5
jag2911

Re: Cross DJ 4 - Corrupted M4A files

Postby RoJeC on 13 Jun 2019, 19:43

Please send the files to support@mixvibes.com.

Likely ther is some corruption in the files. Hwever if the exception is handled properly the analyses can continue.

Without knowing the exact error the devteam can't change this.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby jag2911 on 16 Jul 2019, 15:19

RoJeC wrote:Please send the files to support@mixvibes.com.

Likely ther is some corruption in the files. Hwever if the exception is handled properly the analyses can continue.

Hi, sorry for the slow reply!

Happy to send some of the files. The exact error is the same on all of the m4a files when I try to Analyse All: "Corrupted tracks(s) detected. Are you sure you want to launch the analysis?". I click OK there nothing happens. I get the same error if I try to analyse the key or cure points only.

Cheers, Justin
jag2911

Postby jag2911 on 18 Sep 2019, 16:51

Hi,

I thought that I had resolved the issues with the handful of tracks that this is happening with by deleting them and re-downloading them from iCloud in iTunes.

However, certain tracks keep reverting back to causing an error "Can't load track: Unknown Format". They are all m4a files.

I will send two of the m4a files to your support email.

Regards, Justin
jag2911

Postby jag2911 on 03 Oct 2019, 15:38

Hi there,

I sent a couple of the corrupted m4a files to your email address about 3 weeks ago but haven't heard anything back from you?

When should I expect an answer?

Thank you
jag2911

Postby jag2911 on 21 Nov 2019, 11:55

Hi RoJeC,

I sent two files over for your inspection on September the 18th. I have received no reply at all.

Please could you advise if you have received the files and if you intend to help with the error I am receiving for some m4a files?

Regards, Justin
jag2911

Postby jag2911 on 31 Jan 2020, 18:16

6 months have past and i have no replies about the "corrupted" m4a files I was asked to email over.

This is quite frankly a joke

I have just updated to 4.1.2 (to fix another issue with iTunes library) and M4A files now crash the app 100% of the time when they are loaded into a deck. I give up.

I am seriously starting to lose faith in this app and am considering alternatives... it just feels like nothing is getting resolved which is such a shame
jag2911

Postby TinouCAS on 04 Feb 2020, 16:20

Hello jag2911,

Sorry for the long delay, I finally checked both m4a files you sent to support. They really seem to be corrupt: mediainfo finds no audio in them, and I didn't find a reader that could read them.
Can you still play them on other software? Tell me where, this is puzzling.
TinouCAS

Postby jag2911 on 04 Feb 2020, 18:23

TinouCAS wrote:Hello jag2911,

Sorry for the long delay, I finally checked both m4a files you sent to support. They really seem to be corrupt: mediainfo finds no audio in them, and I didn't find a reader that could read them.

Hey,

This is very odd indeed. I just checked them in iTunes and they will no longer play in there and I am sure that they used to. I cannot get them to play in Mac preview (hitting space bar on the track) or in VLC or Quicktime.

As I mentioned originally, prior to version 4 of Cross DJ these files played fine but I have no idea what could have caused this corruption

Unfortunately I cannot test any more M4A files for you... I have recently updated Cross DJ to the latest Mac version of 4.1.2 and every time I try to load in an M4A file from my collection the app crashes. It is also crashing when I scroll through my collection tracks quickly.

I'm unsure what I can do at this point :(
jag2911

Postby jag2911 on 04 Feb 2020, 18:41

TinouCAS wrote:Hello jag2911,

I'm not sure if you're familiar with iTunes and the iTunes Match service?

I've just been looking back through my iTunes library and it appears the ones that will not play are the tracks that were not "matched" by iTunes and were marked as "uploaded". As soon as I deleted the locally downloaded track and downloaded it again they will play in iTunes fine.

I'm not sure if this local corruption of the files is being caused by the previous version of Cross DJ when I could still load in M4A files (without it crashing) or whether it's being casued by iTunes or my Mac itself somehow.

It's not really a huge problem at the end of the day as I have all of these files at home in AIFF formatt. I was just concerned that Cross DJ could somehow be corucpting the M4A files...
jag2911

Next

Return to Community Support