Issues with U-Mix Control Pro Audio Output

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Issues with U-Mix Control Pro Audio Output

Postby skelletor03 on 19 Mar 2019, 01:01

Hello MixVibes Community!

It's been a while since my last post here...as they say, no news is sometimes good news. There's probably not a lot of people still using the MixVibes controllers, but I'm a creature of habit and convenience and I haven't really had a need to switch to anything else since purchasing mine back in 2011/2012. That being said, my hardware and the CrossDJ software have worked fine up until recently when I started noticing something a bit strange in regards to the audio output. I had two gigs over the last few months where I noticed that the cue track audio was bleeding into the track that was currently playing. At first, I thought this may have been my old issue where I had switched the speaker inputs from 1/2 to 3/4. However, after investigating further, I don't believe that was the issue.

I've checked all of my settings in the Cross software and I can't seem to find anything that will resolve this. As you can imagine, while playing music live, this is a very annoying and potentially disastrous situation, so I'd like to get it resolved quickly. Something I did notice, which leads me to believe that this may be more hardware related than software or PC, is that the issue seems to only occur when the fader switch on the controller is all the way to the left or right. If I move the switch just a little bit inward (the opposite direction of where it's placed), the audio bleed disappears and the fader works as it should when transitioning from one track to another. It's one of those things that I didn't notice right away, especially since I was able to hear the cue track just fine in my headphones until I was ready to start moving into the next song.

So given that all of my cable inputs and settings in the software seem to be correct, has anyone else had this issue or something similar? Any ideas on how to fix it? Could it be a firmware issue or just a hardware issue that comes with wear and tear on the controller? I imagine that MixVibes no longer offers hardware support for their controller unit since they're now focused exclusively on the software and apps, but I'm hoping that some of the experts on here will have a solution or some advice. Thanks in advance!
skelletor03

Re: Issues with U-Mix Control Pro Audio Output

Postby daniel clark on 19 Mar 2019, 01:27

:eek: From the info given you conclusion seems to be correct ..seems to be a hardware issue ,,Cross fader bleed by,,wear on the contacks ,, support was minimum when they first came out ,,only a few replacement parts ,,Cross fader was one of them,,have seem topics trying to get info on replacement parts ,,but no real resolution
:idea: have you double checked that there is no bleed by when useing gui ..crossfader in softwear,, :cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby skelletor03 on 19 Mar 2019, 01:35

Hey Daniel! Long time, no see!

Thanks for the reply. And no, I have not tried just the GUI fader by itself. Only the one on the controller. I will try that soon and get back to you. However, if it is the hard-ware itself, then I guess I may need to look into a new controller unit (unless you think a firm-ware update might be the issue). Just seems like such an odd behavior to have and I figured if anyone had heard about it or seen it live, it would be someone on this forum that has the same controller! LOL.

Anyways, just looking to avoid the same situation for upcoming gigs that I have.

P.S. I should add that I really haven't used the controller all that much over the last several years. I never quit my day job to be a DJ, so I've been more of a weekend warrior when it comes to live gigs.
skelletor03

Postby daniel clark on 19 Mar 2019, 01:49

:mrgreen: yes ,,look at your prior post ,,remember it well,glad too hear you didnt quit your day job :mrgreen: neither did i :!:
no accounting for wear and tear :mad:
one thought would to to get another MIDI Cross fader and map it to the software ,,not that hard with MIDI learn feature :neutral:
too many possibilities to suggest a solution . :cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle