External Mixer Mode-Cross DJ Free Vs Full with Hercules MK 2

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

External Mixer Mode-Cross DJ Free Vs Full with Hercules MK 2

Postby Pearsquasher on 03 Mar 2019, 16:17

Hi.

I hoping someone can help clarify this issue.

Firstly my set up is this, i'm using MAC OS 10.11.6 & the latest Cross DJ Free with (my old trusted) Hercules DJ Console Mk2 (latest drivers).

This then breaks out via 2 x stereo audio outputs to my external mixer (dual channels). I've been using various types of DJ software over the years but recently decided to try Cross DJ.

My problem is this, when I play audio it is all routed through a single stereo output including headphone monitoring. When I check the settings for Cross DJ I only have the option for one stereo output and no option for external mixer mode or MIDI selection/settings?

My questions are this:

Is this a feature of the Cross DJ Free software and does dual channel/external mixer mode become available in the full purchased app?

Is it because my controller is no longer on the list of verified controllers? Are the MK2 settings/MIDI controls corrupted as it may be obsolete. For instance when I change the headphone selector it changes the main output of the audio. Does anyone else still use their MK2?

Or is it something else i'm missing? I notice external mixer mode is possible as it's listed in the user manual.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Pearsquasher

Re: External Mixer Mode-Cross DJ Free Vs Full with Hercules

Postby RoJeC on 04 Mar 2019, 01:09

The Cross Free has one output. No MIDI support.

Try the Cross Demo version from the downloads secion to have the features with time restrictions.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby Pearsquasher on 04 Mar 2019, 10:01

Hi. Yes i've tried to download the Cross demo version but the product page just redirects me to the free download page which only has Cross DJ Free on it no Cross demo?
Pearsquasher

Postby jaymarkus on 04 Mar 2019, 14:23

SAMSUNG RC530-S0EDE/Core I7 2670QM/8GB/1TB Harddisk/NVIDIA GT540/Mixvibes DVS Upgrade Version 7.218+Mixvibes Cross 3.3.11/Numark NDX 800*2/Korg Zero 4 Mixer&SYNQ SMX-3/Technics 1210MkII*2/Traktor Audio 6 Soundcard/U-Mix Control Pro
jaymarkus

Return to Community Support