installation problem crossDJ

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

installation problem crossDJ

Postby Tonkutscher01 on 12 Oct 2018, 14:57

Hi support team,
I run Cross DJ 3.4.0 (official version, no demo) under win10 home on an Acer Laptop (Core i5, 8GB Ram) with 2 accounts (admin + user). I now wanted to update to 3.4.3. Started the installer with admin rights. Though the older version worked on both user accounts, I found the update only in the admin account. There where no hint during the installation (eg. "Install for all users"). First I thought "Okay" deinstalled the update and started the installer again from the admin account. The same result! That`s bad.

As a work arround I copied the files from the start menu (admin account to the start menu (user account). That works, but its uggly! A good installer has to ask if you whant to install the software for all users or only the actual account. It is also more elegant if you give the user the possibillity to chose to update or install parallel to the old version. The acutal installer installed it parallel.

Can you fix that?
Thanx
Tonkutscher01

Return to Community Support