Ableton crash with remixvideo

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Ableton crash with remixvideo

Postby ezlayer on 06 Aug 2018, 14:33

Hi, I'm trying the remixvideo demo to analyze the purchase but if or if I should use it as a vst plugin in Ableton Live.
When I create the Remixvideo instance on a MIDI ableton channel, it breaks and closes.
The only thing different from the usual is that my plugin folder is not the usual steinberg \ vst
I use Windows 10 64 bits and ableton live suite 9.7.2
thanks
ezlayer

Re: Ableton crash with remixvideo

Postby zonez on 15 Aug 2018, 17:17

Hello, I'm also having a problem where when I VST on a MIDI track, the output ends up being some weird buzz and when I take out the VST or even UN-highlight it (to hear the original sound), the track's output sound is gone despite the MIDI track/notes still being there.

Similar to OP, the plugin is located in a different folder so I'll try and give that a go to install plugin in custom folder.

EDIT: Looks like remixvideo is located in same folder but it's a hidden file (or rather, for some reason my library folder in home is hidden and Ableton VSTs don't appear in finder but they appear in Ableton)

So I have to also turn "Use VST Plug-In System Folders" on in addition to the custom folder in Ableton preferences.

Here's the path: users/home/library/Audio/Plug-ins

Such a drag as it's fun to play with standalone but I really want it to play with my tracks but it ain't jivin.

Is anybody listening?
zonez

Re: Ableton crash with remixvideo

Postby Team@Mixvibes on 15 Aug 2018, 23:21

Hi guys!

Sorry you have been having trouble using Remixvideo as a VST in Ableton!

I have been able to load it in Ableton 9.7.7 64bit version so try updating to see if that fixes the problem.

Also for ezlayer, you can check to see if there are any crash logs for Remixvideo by

Open a file explorer
Paste: %APPDATA%\Mixvibes\Remixvideo\Crashes

Send us any of the files in that folder to support@mixvibes.com and the development team can take a look.

Also it is worth mentioning that you should be able to move the Remixvideo VST file to whatever location you choose, so in zonez case you can use the standard VST folder (but that shouldn't be causing the behaviour you describe).

@zonez if you can let me know the technical details of your computer I can see if that might be causing an issue. I am not quite sure exactly what is going wrong based on what you described (the buzz seems like it could be related to the audio buffer setting in Ableton, maybe try increasing the size)

Here to help!
Adam @Mixvibes
For support requests, you can check out the FAQ and reach our support staff at this page.
Thank You!
Team@MixVibes gives no support on the forums including via PM
Team@Mixvibes

Return to Community Support