Remixvideo problems with external monitor

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Remixvideo problems with external monitor

Postby miltonpucci on 21 Apr 2018, 21:21

When I use Remixvideo as vst the image on an external monitor only occupies 75% of the screen. This does not happen in standalone mode.

How can it be solved?

I'm using a Lenovo Y720

regards!

miltonpucci

Re: Remixvideo problems with external monitor

Postby RoJeC on 21 Apr 2018, 22:40

Not familiair with this, but more general approach would be to make the monitor is set to the right resolution before RMV is started.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby Team@Mixvibes on 22 Apr 2018, 01:05

Hi Milton,

I was able to test things out and can't seem to replicate your issue with Remixvideo as a VST in Ableton. Every time I hit fullscreen the video fills up my external monitor completely (1080p monitor)

I am running on a Mid 2012 MacBook Pro so I will test things out on my windows desktop, to see if that makes a difference.

It is also worth mentioning that I am also running Ableton 9.7.6 since I did not do the upgrade to Ableton 10. Let me know if you are using Ableton 10 and I can see if anyone else on the team has tested Remixvideo for that version yet. Otherwise it maybe a bug relating to the new Ableton version.

All the best,
Adam @Mixvibes
For support requests, you can check out the FAQ and reach our support staff at this page.
Thank You!
Team@MixVibes gives no support on the forums including via PM
Team@Mixvibes

Postby Team@Mixvibes on 22 Apr 2018, 02:20

Just tested in Windows and couldn't replicate the issue there either.

The only thing I could think of would be to check the "Picture Control" tab on the Video page of the settings. It should look like this:
Screen Shot 2018-04-21 at 5.19.04 PM.png

If the blue box isn't filling the rectangle completely like in the picture, then that is what the problem is, to reset it simply double click inside the blue box and it should fill the whole area.

Adam @Mixvibes
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
For support requests, you can check out the FAQ and reach our support staff at this page.
Thank You!
Team@MixVibes gives no support on the forums including via PM
Team@Mixvibes

Postby miltonpucci on 22 Apr 2018, 02:54

Thanks for your answer Adam.
My version of Live is 9.6.1
Check the items you mention and there is no result. The only way I worked was putting a third monitor. Ableton in one, Remixvideo (in VST) in another and there worked in full screen ...
The solution I found for not using a third monitor is to align the external monitor in vertical mode.

In this mode the image of Remixvideo is bigger than the monitor, in this way I can make it match from the picture control option that you mention.

It really is a program that solves my project of live music with images, I will try to use it. The external monitor is for editing, the Ultimate goal is to use it with a projector. (try it too and the result is the same)
I hope you understand why I'm translating with Google.
Regards!
miltonpucci

Return to Community Support