Issues with MIDI mapping

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Issues with MIDI mapping

Postby Will ZEgal on 07 Apr 2018, 15:46

Hi,

I'm trying to map some controllers and it's a nightmare. Very often, everything get blocked after clicking on something, for instance to add a controller mapping or the little + to learn a control.

It looks like there's a window oppened that doesn't show up. I can still control Cross with my hardware, but mouse and don't work anymore and I have to shut down Cross by task manager.

Any idea, please ?

Another question : why do I have two tabs for some controllers ? Only one tab get green when I hit a control, but there are two tabs with the same controller name, the other one having (1) added in name.
Will ZEgal

Re: Issues with MIDI mapping

Postby Will ZEgal on 07 Apr 2018, 16:12

Another exemple : I installed the use controller mapping for Maschine, but I was not satisfied of this mapping, so I clicked on "remove" (the minus at the bottom left of the MIDI window) I get stuck.

After oppening Cross again, the mapping is still there.
Will ZEgal

Postby Will ZEgal on 07 Apr 2018, 16:33

Hi,

I have a clue : I have a dual screen and I had opened the parameters window in the other screen.

I've tried to open it only on the main screen and it look looks it works.

Can the team have a look at this problem. Because it's so convenient to have the parameters window in another screen while Cross is on a screen.
Will ZEgal

Postby Team@Mixvibes on 09 Apr 2018, 00:06

Hi Will,

Sorry you are dealing with this issue when mapping, I can only imagine how annoying that would be! I have never used Cross with dual screens when mapping but can test this out myself along with reporting it to the team.

Regarding the two tabs for one controller. I have this happen with certain controllers that might have multiple MIDI inputs (for example I have one that connects USB but also has MIDI in and out which show up as a separate tab in Cross). If they are not connected you can remove any duplicates with the "-" button to the right of the controller tabs.

Regards,
Adam @Mixvibes
For support requests, you can check out the FAQ and reach our support staff at this page.
Thank You!
Team@MixVibes gives no support on the forums including via PM
Team@Mixvibes

Postby Will ZEgal on 09 Apr 2018, 16:51

Hi,

I've tried to remove controllers, but it doesn't work (I still have two of them). It's strange because the controller in question (an i-Creativ by iCon) doesn't have any MIDI input, but it's true it has a "link" input that's supposed to allow to chain different iCon controllers.

For the dual screen bug, you may inform users until it's fixed : it will prevent them from pulling their hair out like I did. :mrgreen:

After having found the issue (tree days of nervous breakdown, cry, and bad words about MixVibes :rolleyes: ), I have been able to configure quite quick both my main controller and some other ones. :biggrin:
Will ZEgal

Return to Community Support