Issues with MIDI mapping

Report the issues you noticed while using MixVibes
Forum rules
Users with Cross DJ Mac bought in the App Store please join group User Cross DJ App Store to write in the support forum ucp.php?i=172

Other users must follow these rules.:
* Register your software (User Control Panel > Profile > Serial Number)
* Go to the download center and install the latest versions of software and drivers
* Use the search tool to look into topics
* Check the FAQs to be sure your problem hasn't been solved already
* Write in concise and precise ENGLISH Thank you.

Issues with MIDI mapping

Postby Will ZEgal on 07 Apr 2018, 14:46

Hi,

I'm trying to map some controllers and it's a nightmare. Very often, everything get blocked after clicking on something, for instance to add a controller mapping or the little + to learn a control.

It looks like there's a window oppened that doesn't show up. I can still control Cross with my hardware, but mouse and don't work anymore and I have to shut down Cross by task manager.

Any idea, please ?

Another question : why do I have two tabs for some controllers ? Only one tab get green when I hit a control, but there are two tabs with the same controller name, the other one having (1) added in name.
Will ZEgal

Re: Issues with MIDI mapping

Postby Will ZEgal on 07 Apr 2018, 15:12

Another exemple : I installed the use controller mapping for Maschine, but I was not satisfied of this mapping, so I clicked on "remove" (the minus at the bottom left of the MIDI window) I get stuck.

After oppening Cross again, the mapping is still there.
Will ZEgal

Postby Will ZEgal on 07 Apr 2018, 15:33

Hi,

I have a clue : I have a dual screen and I had opened the parameters window in the other screen.

I've tried to open it only on the main screen and it look looks it works.

Can the team have a look at this problem. Because it's so convenient to have the parameters window in another screen while Cross is on a screen.
Will ZEgal

Postby Team@Mixvibes on 08 Apr 2018, 23:06

Hi Will,

Sorry you are dealing with this issue when mapping, I can only imagine how annoying that would be! I have never used Cross with dual screens when mapping but can test this out myself along with reporting it to the team.

Regarding the two tabs for one controller. I have this happen with certain controllers that might have multiple MIDI inputs (for example I have one that connects USB but also has MIDI in and out which show up as a separate tab in Cross). If they are not connected you can remove any duplicates with the "-" button to the right of the controller tabs.

Regards,
Adam @Mixvibes
Commercial related requests: please reach out to support@mixvibes.com
[center]Post directly your support requests on the forum.
Thank You!
Team@MixVibes gives no support by PM[/b]
Team@Mixvibes

Postby Will ZEgal on 09 Apr 2018, 15:51

Hi,

I've tried to remove controllers, but it doesn't work (I still have two of them). It's strange because the controller in question (an i-Creativ by iCon) doesn't have any MIDI input, but it's true it has a "link" input that's supposed to allow to chain different iCon controllers.

For the dual screen bug, you may inform users until it's fixed : it will prevent them from pulling their hair out like I did. :mrgreen:

After having found the issue (tree days of nervous breakdown, cry, and bad words about MixVibes :rolleyes: ), I have been able to configure quite quick both my main controller and some other ones. :biggrin:
Will ZEgal

Return to Technical Support