Outputs

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: Outputs

Postby Team@Mixvibes on 28 Jan 2018, 00:17

Very strange...

I was able to find this link from Numark which might help:

http://noterepeat.com/articles/pc-troubleshooting/95-troubleshooting-class-compliant-usb-computer-peripherals

Also, if you do not see your Mixtrack in the 'Sound, video and game controllers" category while in the Device Manager, look in "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" and you will find something called "USB composite device". There may be more than one of these so to help you identify which one is your Mixtrack Pro, disconnect the unit, then reconnect, it should then become clear as to which device it is in the list.

Once you have identified which USB composite device it is, right click and uninstall. You will then need to once again, disconnect and reconnect the unit. This will re-install the drivers.

Adam @Mixvibes
For support requests, you can check out the FAQ and reach our support staff at this page.
Thank You!
Team@MixVibes gives no support on the forums including via PM
Team@Mixvibes

Postby SMc 68 on 28 Jan 2018, 20:10

Had a look at the Numark link but I don't think there's a problem with the Mixtrack as it is visible in device manager and seems to be working properly. Also,I still can't assign more than 1 output even when the MT isn't connected to the laptop( tried using laptop speaker and a Soundblaster external soundcard for the headphones)
Is there any chance this could be a Windows 32/64 bit issue?
SMc 68

Postby RoJeC on 29 Jan 2018, 00:02

in your post of 20:26 you post 2 images. However these do not reflect th same situation, at least not how it should be.
in the prefernces you have selected the mixtrack wdm, while the other picture shows asio4all.
might be you tried the right thing by selecting aio4all in prefernces while capturing but also could be a cause.

In asio4all please only select channels(of the cards) you use. Every selected channel will take CPU capacity. Will not help for this, but will free up resources to reduce latency in a later stage.

For a controller there are seperate communication methods. One is MIDI which is done by a different protocol and not related tp audio whatsoever. Audio is handled by drivers. Reinstalling drivers can help with issues. For a class compliant device you have to remove as described by support@mixvibes. In W10 earlier OS updates even caused trouble for users as default microsoft drivers where installed for controllers/soundcards.

Given your rare issue starting at the beginning is the way to go.

If you want to exclude 32bit issues you best use Cross 32bit (also installed at your PC) untill the issue is solved and then try the 64bit of Cross.

The asio4all driver is 64bit and will work for both CRross 32 as 64. This handles also 32bit soundcards which are used via asio4all. 32bit WDM drivers cannot be selected in Cross 64bit.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby SMc 68 on 29 Jan 2018, 21:27

mixvibes 7.jpg

Ronald,where would I find Cross DJ 32 bit? This is all I can see in Programs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SMc 68

Postby gakto2009 on 29 Jan 2018, 22:19

the 32bit executable for Mixvibes is in the same installation directory as the 64bit executable...

in windows 7 navigate to the C:\ directory... (root directory of your windows disk).

follow, "C:\Program Files\MixVibes\Cross 3.4.2\"

you will see both 32 and 64 bit sub folders inside...

C:\Program Files\MixVibes\Cross 3.4.2\win32\Cross.exe (32bit)

C:\Program Files\MixVibes\Cross 3.4.2\win64\Cross.exe (64 bit)

Make sure also you have ASIO driver selected from your list amd define as dual stereo (Master out, Monitor out).

Cross asio settings.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
..!.. ..!.. NO SUPPORT BY PM ..!.. ..!..

gakto2009

Postby SMc 68 on 30 Jan 2018, 22:04

mixvibes 8jpg.jpg
mixvibes 9.jpg
mixvibes 10.jpg

I only seem to have the 32bit sub folder. Anyway,Asio driver doesn't appear on the list so can't be defined. Attached a pic of the MIDI page ,don't know if that's what I shoul be seeing.
SMc 68

Postby RoJeC on 30 Jan 2018, 23:12

MIDI is not related at all to sound. Different ISO-OSI layers (technical levels in a PC).

Your PC apperently runs a 32bit windows version. For this only Cross 32 bit is installed (can be installed). This also implies that there cannot be any version related issues and starting with reinstalling drivers is the only way to go.

Can you please confirm that you did the suggestions to have your MTP soundcard drivers fully removed and reinstalled.
Make sure that the Numark drivers are installed after connecting your MTP and that these are not 'overruled' by Microsoft versions.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby SMc 68 on 31 Jan 2018, 00:39

Nope. Wouldn't have a clue how to do that. Any help gratefully received.Should maybe have mentioned my last set up involved 1210 mark 2s about 25 years ago, thought i'd give the modern thing a go. :rolleyes:
SMc 68

Previous

Return to Community Support