MIXVIBES Cross crashed with external SSD Storage and MACBOOK

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

MIXVIBES Cross crashed with external SSD Storage and MACBOOK

Postby DominiqueSoir on 28 Dec 2017, 11:48

Hey guys,

i have a problem mith my Mixvibes Cross 3.4.3.

I work as a club DJ, and sometimes on big company events etc.

Since 3 weeks i have a new MacBook Air 2017 with 8GB and 150 GB Storage and MAC OS HIGH SIERRA. Before i used a MacBook Pro late 2013 with 4 GB and 250 GB storage.

Now 6 times in the last 3 Weeks Cross crashed during a GIG!!! - with the following problem:

I have a well organised Cross-Playlist system. When i cannot find a track in my playlists i use the MAC "SPOTLIGHT-SEARCH" to find it on my MAC storage or the external SSD Storage with 256 GB.

Only the music that is organised in the Cross playlists is stored on the MacBook HDD. The main part of the music that i dont use often is stored at an external SSD storage (INTENSO portable SSD storage with 256GB) and its brandnew)

Now when i search a track with the spotlight-search it sometimes takes a lot of time to find the track (i think that is unusual). And when i found a track on the external SSD and try to put it on one of the two decks sometimes Cross suddenly colapsed and don`t react. I have to wait 3 or 4 minutes. Sometimes Cross works but often i have to shutdown Cross and reopen it.

But that is very complicated when there are 800 People dancing in front of you!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

The MAcBook is brandnew, the external SSD is brandnew...so has anyone an idea what to do???

The MacBook storage is to small to put the whole music on the Macbook and a external ssd storage is faster than a external hdd storage. So it has to run stabile i think.

I am open for any ideas.....;-)
DominiqueSoir

Return to Community Support