Cross DJ (Paid version) crashes on imac 10.7.5

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Cross DJ (Paid version) crashes on imac 10.7.5

Postby djhektek on 29 Oct 2017, 07:33

Greetings I recently started using your Cross DJ Free version to see and learn about the software and if it was better than Serato DJ. I installed it on my Imac 10.7.5 (2.7 Corei5, 4gm memory, 900GB HD Free space) which would take 5 minutes to load and freeze once opened after 15-20 minutes of use. On my macbook pro I was unable to use after installing, it would open with a pop up message reading "it was a bad version remove and replace" which I attempted several times with no luck. So I decided to purchase the 29.99 version with the video $19.99. When I installed it took 5 minutes to load up and when testing it out it would freeze after several minutes of use when loading videos or using the keyboard to trigger one side or another with video loaded to transition. I also tried to record a video mix session for about 30 minutes and it would freeze several times and when it did not freeze after 6 minutes of the mix the video would disappear reading purchase for video? Lastly I wanted to know how are we able to display the master video screen on another monitor and or output besides the same screen where the Cross DJ control view is? I tried to locate an output for the audio and video within preferences without any luck as well. I would appreciate if you can help fix these issues as I have purchased this with the intention to replace serato video I love the layout for Cross DJ which is perfect. The most important thing is that it works without any issues and to view the video mixes on with a output selection on multiple monitors while mixing.
I look forward to a response and a resolution to these problems.
Thanks again
djhektek

Re: Cross DJ (Paid version) crashes on imac 10.7.5

Postby RoJeC on 29 Oct 2017, 11:31

Which version of Cross are you using. Make sure it is 'Cross DJ' version 3.4.3. Shouldn't see 'free'in the title.

Have you analysed the tracks before using to improve performance.

you need a second monitor output to be active else Cross will send the output to the main monitor. When present dblclk in the output frame/use monitor button on top.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby djhektek on 29 Oct 2017, 22:44

I have 3.4.3, and have analysed the tracks before using. Still does not answer why while recording the video ends after 6min with the buy Video Plug pop up and just the audio continues to record. Aside from that loading takes 5minutes freezing occurs on a regular basis. You should be able to have a output channel if you are using a TV monitor as a output for video. If you have a VGA cable from the computer to a television screen thats one output that does not read. second thing is how about if you trying to send the video output into internally with camtwist to go out through Facebook live to stream? there is no selection for that type of output connection digitally internal or external through a cable. I would highly appreciate some help as I am trying to do a live set online and also in a bar lounge with TV monitors. I was very excited to work with this software but having many problems now is disappointing. Finally what is the issue with the Macbook Pro version 10.6.8, 2.4 Intel Core 2 Duo, 4gb Memory where I can not even install the free version before I make another purchase. I would love to write a good review and speak about the Cross DJ software I also produce a local cable television show broadcasting weekly in the New York City area. I would appreciate the help and corrections so that I can create my video mixes without any issues.
Thanks
djhektek

Postby RoJeC on 30 Oct 2017, 13:15

Bit of strange situation going on. DOn't really see a reason why startup should take like 5 minutes. Not a MAC user but know from win that such times are for older CPU types ombined with large collections (like 200,000+ ).
Interference of other processes would explain performance issues, like syncing, antivirus, external hdd, wifi or such.

Use of the external monitor is default for output. If none present Cross will use main screen (so you won't see Cross controls). Be sure that the monitor is 'known' by the mac settings and be aware that Cross only at startup checks for the 'list' of available monitors (as well as soundcards).

Also be aware that if Cross detects limits of the system while performing it will prioritize audio over video over other features.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Return to Community Support