Recording Mixes

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Recording Mixes

Postby Jowens015 on 26 Oct 2017, 17:00

Hi I have just purchased a xone23c and I would like to record a mix, I am using it with xdj-1000mk2s and have downloaded Cross DJ software, is this is all I need and if so how can I record the mix?
Thanks in advance.
Jowens015

Re: Recording Mixes

Postby An J on 26 Oct 2017, 18:06

You've got to configurate your xone23c mixer as shown in the user guide. Then install your Cross software and there is a "start/stop recording" button in the top left corner. But you got to mess with your cdjs first as you need them tuned right in the prefferences vinyl/cd section.
An J

Postby daniel clark on 26 Oct 2017, 21:16

An J wrote:You've got to configurate your xone23c mixer as shown in the user guide. Then install your Cross software and there is a "start/stop recording" button in the top left corner. But you got to mess with your cdjs first as you need them tuned right in the prefferences vinyl/cd section.

:eek: o kaaay :idea:
let me know how that goes :cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby Jowens015 on 31 Oct 2017, 17:01

I have downloaded the driver however I am struggling trying to set up the cd players. They are both coming up on the same control deck and even when I try calibrate the correct player ( ie player 2 for input 3/4) it says pitch is not at 0 when it definitely is. I uninstalled the driver then installed it again but still having the same issues. Please help!
Jowens015

Postby An J on 05 Nov 2017, 00:10

Did you open up your xone23c mixer and then connected the 3way harnesses that came with the package? Plus you've got to switch your cdjs on.

There are two buttons that are hidden unless you hover over the top inside(closest to mixer section) of the waveform for each deck. You want to enable the correct button for the each deck, the first is for a and the second for b.

By the way: my set up works but as it comes out i can't record my mix when I use my decks - there is no sound when i play the recorded file. But when I switch the turntables off and switch to just dual stereo in the rout mode the recording comes out just fine.
An J

Postby daniel clark on 05 Nov 2017, 01:02

An J wrote:
By the way: my set up works but as it comes out i can't record my mix when I use my decks - there is no sound when i play the recorded file. But when I switch the turntables off and switch to just dual stereo in the rout mode the recording comes out just fine.

Cross rec function is internal to the software ,,if you realise the x zone/DVS systems send the two seperate audio out put to the mixer and never return to the software ,re for not being able to rec the mix on x zone /DVS ,,
so to record the mix ,, route the output signal to a recorder ie computer line input and other software to record :idea: :eek:

try reading this for some insight
viewtopic.php?f=371&t=11973
:cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby Jowens015 on 07 Nov 2017, 17:56

No I haven't configured the harnesses. Once I do that do I then need to reinstall the driver?
Jowens015

Postby RoJeC on 08 Nov 2017, 00:27

A bit unclear what you mean. Drivers need to be in place, but once installed shouldn't be a problem.

If you want record your CD as line in for Cross you can.

If you use DVS you need to create an (parallel) Main output from your mixer into your PC (aux).

The former is not DVS so you cna't calibrate.

Also be sure to have prepared your Xone to be able to use DVS. Check your Xone manual for technical details.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby Jowens015 on 09 Nov 2017, 14:23

Ok thank you
I just want to be able to record a mix using the record feature on Cross DJ. I have no interest in using Cross and my cdj players as a DVS but I assume you need to calibrate the players in order to then use this record feature?
What do you mean by "If you want record your CD as line in for Cross you can"?
Jowens015

Postby Jowens015 on 09 Nov 2017, 14:24

Ok thank you
I just want to be able to record a mix using the record feature on Cross DJ. I have no interest in using Cross and my cdj players as a DVS but I assume you need to calibrate the players in order to then use this record feature?
What do you mean by "If you want record your CD as line in for Cross you can"?

RoJeC wrote:A bit unclear what you mean. Drivers need to be in place, but once installed shouldn't be a problem.

If you want record your CD as line in for Cross you can.

If you use DVS you need to create an (parallel) Main output from your mixer into your PC (aux).

The former is not DVS so you cna't calibrate.

Also be sure to have prepared your Xone to be able to use DVS. Check your Xone manual for technical details.
Jowens015

Return to Community Support