Setting up vinyl control for Cross

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Setting up vinyl control for Cross

Postby An J on 25 Oct 2017, 20:40

Hi guys! I need your help with setting up vinyl control in Cross mixvibes. I've got everything connected (2 turntables and a xone23C mixer which I already configurated for DVS). The software is properly installed and music is playing through the DJ software, but I can't figure how to conrol the tracks with the turntables and the mixvibes timecode vinyls that are spinning on them.

I went to the prefferences and chose vinyl and pressed the calibrate options, but still there is no control with the vinyl.

If someone would guide me with screenshots that would be much appreciated!
An J

Re: Setting up vinyl control for Cross

Postby HawnSolo on 25 Oct 2017, 21:05

Not at home so I can’t currently post screenshots.

Are you able to see signal on the vinyl setup page? If so your input routing is set up correctly.

Also check to make sure you have the DVS control enabled on each deck. There is are two vinyl buttons that are hidden unless you hover over the top inside(closest to mixer section) of the waveform for each deck. You want to enable the correct button for the each deck, the first is for a and the second for b.

I hope this makes sense, I can post screenshots later today.
HawnSolo

Postby An J on 25 Oct 2017, 21:21

I've watched this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtNCwo2jXr4

and I don't have a "master in" option like in the video when go to prefferences Audio and vinyl/cd section. All I have is left/right option when I try to select input or output in those sections of prefferences.
An J

Postby An J on 25 Oct 2017, 23:04

HawnSolo wrote:Not at home so I can’t currently post screenshots.

Also check to make sure you have the DVS control enabled on each deck. There is are two vinyl buttons that are hidden unless you hover over the top inside(closest to mixer section) of the waveform for each deck. You want to enable the correct button for the each deck, the first is for a and the second for b.

I somehow managed to get control, but only for one channel. As you advised, I turned the "use control deck 1" button on for A, but for B this option isn't available - it only allows you to choose the same option: "use control deck1". So in the end I only got control of one turntable. I posting 2 screenshots, so u can see what's going on.

An J

Postby An J on 26 Oct 2017, 20:20

Problem was solved after i downloaded and installed drivers or my XONE23C mixer.

Thank you for participating!
An J

Return to Community Support