Remixvideo crashing and & knocking out Audio interface

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Remixvideo crashing and & knocking out Audio interface

Postby 2020digging on 13 Oct 2017, 13:59

:frown: I am exasperated with this app. It will never open consistently and when it does it will not allow me to select my audio interface driver. Instead it knocks it out. This app, while it has great potential is still in beta and is useless as it stands. Is there a known issue here? What is happening that it won't open properly most of the the time?
2020digging

Re: Remixvideo crashing and & knocking out Audio interface

Postby RoJeC on 14 Oct 2017, 22:37

No it's not beta, as beta versions are tested before being released.

If possible please provide crash files as this will help pinpointing causes for a crash.

If you're using Win, are you using an ASIO type driver?
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby 2020digging on 15 Oct 2017, 02:28

No worries. I know it's not a beta but it wasn't/isn't acting as an app should at this stage of it's existence. In any case I think I found out what some of the issues maybe. I was using Soundflower and since having got rid of it is acting better but by no means is it stable. For instance, it won't start up, the beach ball continues to revolve. I have to force quit and then try again. Sometimes this can take several attempts before it starts up.Therefore I have no "crash report" because even when it hangs on quitting it never comes up with a crash report.
My Specs are:
iMac i7 32gb RAM, OSX 10.11.6 Plenty of hard drive space. So one would think this is ample to run this app without issue and when indeed it is up there have been few if any issues. It just doesn't start up consistently.

Thanks in advance
2020digging

Postby RoJeC on 15 Oct 2017, 09:39

Do you close with a default pack or with one of your own.

Would you be able to notice whereat the startup it start hanging, menaing do you notice some steps being done without a problem (may be hard to tell...)

At this stage you're the only one reporting this, so it will depend on your info for the devs to try to find an issue. I'm afraid it's not a common issue.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby Team@Mixvibes on 15 Oct 2017, 21:23

Hello 2020digging,

I have passed this topic and your topic regarding Syphon audio to the rest of the team and will hopefully hear back this week.

Since there is no crash, it might be hard for them to pin point the exact cause of the issue, but they will be able to provide some more insight as to why this is happening.

I will also play around myself with Remixvideo on my Mac to see if I can't replicate your issues and figure out some sort of solution.

Best regards,
Adam @Mixvibes
For support requests, you can check out the FAQ and reach our support staff at this page.
Thank You!
Team@MixVibes gives no support on the forums including via PM
Team@Mixvibes

Postby 2020digging on 16 Oct 2017, 11:38

Great thanks. What I do notice is that when I quit RMV there seems to be another one lurking behind it. In other words the front window quits and it's like there was another one behind it or indeed reappeared. It will then take a while to fully quit or as when starting I have to Force quit the app.

Now with Syphon - obviously one can record straight from the RMV app itself and this works. So I wonder why it won't translate to the actual Syphon app.

It still knocks out my audio interface drivers though and this is the most worrying aspect of using this app. I mean all I have to is restart my interface and the drivers load again but it shouldn't have to be this way.

Thanks in advance
2020digging

Return to Community Support