Mixvibes Cross 3.4.3 Crashes when selecting the music folder

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: Mixvibes Cross 3.4.3 Crashes when selecting the music fo

Postby djmartind on 06 Oct 2017, 00:56

djdubc wrote:
djmartind wrote:Try to delete or resize to small artworks! worked for me, no crash.
I can’t even access the folder. Mixvibes Cross crashes as soon as I select the folder so that idea is trashed.

I've used traktor and serato for some years and Cross would be top software if not these bugs. So i've tested my solution and it works perfectly ALL YOU NEED TO DO:

1. get free batch ID3 tag editor for MAC
2. in ID3 tag editor - resize or remove all cover art to minimum (like 100x100px) in my case i did remove them, because i don't need them.
3. wait for all tracks to update (resize covers) in ID3 tag editor
4. try it in Cross
5. If that does not work, try to remove collection, analyse files etc. files and then that harsh job to analyze and beatgrid and hotcue ALL THAT SHII.

hope that works for you, 100% working for me on MAC (mp3, mp4, wav, aiff, aac)

P.s. to Mixvibes team - it would be nice that new update would feature fix for cover arts.
djmartind

Postby RoJeC on 06 Oct 2017, 01:11

The latest version is available for a while. So more likely the screw up comes from a different source.

If on startup there still is a flash of Cross you will have to delete/rename your mixvibes.settings file.

Not sure if you did on the previous issue, but providing crash files is the only way to get support at all for issues that may be isolated to your or specific setup.

Regarding the steps of DJMartind definitly not recommended.
There doesn't seem to be any relation between the steps taken and the issue. So there is a fair chance you run into the same issue again after a while. Removing collection and analysis files makes absolutly no sense and will be every DJ's nightmare. You may loose years of work in other areas as well. If at all you do such thing make sure you have performed regular backups which you can restore.

So it may have worked somehow for small collections, but you'll need like 5 minutes minimum to work on a track. So with 1000 tracks you'll need 5000 minutes, being like 80 hours. With 2 hours a day doing this it will take you over a month. ANd this is optismistic on nr of trakcs and time need per track.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby djmartind on 06 Oct 2017, 12:34

RoJeC wrote:The latest version is available for a while. So more likely the screw up comes from a different source.

If on startup there still is a flash of Cross you will have to delete/rename your mixvibes.settings file.

Not sure if you did on the previous issue, but providing crash files is the only way to get support at all for issues that may be isolated to your or specific setup.

Regarding the steps of DJMartind definitly not recommended.
There doesn't seem to be any relation between the steps taken and the issue. So there is a fair chance you run into the same issue again after a while. Removing collection and analysis files makes absolutly no sense and will be every DJ's nightmare. You may loose years of work in other areas as well. If at all you do such thing make sure you have performed regular backups which you can restore.

So it may have worked somehow for small collections, but you'll need like 5 minutes minimum to work on a track. So with 1000 tracks you'll need 5000 minutes, being like 80 hours. With 2 hours a day doing this it will take you over a month. ANd this is optismistic on nr of trakcs and time need per track.

Im absolutley shure that crashing when selecting folder is Cover art problem. Why i said about analyse files is if Cross stores these artworks somewere, maybe it could help, but i do not recomend for noone to delete life's work ;) , but getting rid of artworks helped for me, also i did reinstal Cross and befor that removed everyrhing, after that i did restore video collection, not audio. my audio collection was imported from third party (Traktor) collection as playlists.

Now everything works perfectly.

Also did sen crash reports earlier.

Hope that helps for someone if there is a gig tonight.
djmartind

Postby RoJeC on 07 Oct 2017, 02:24

The artwork is stored in the collection database.

You can remove artwork via Info at the right.

The tags including artwork are according to international standards.

So despite that it worked for you it isn't a recommended way. It's more likely you worked around the problem ending up with a well working solution.
Less destructive would be to just go back in time. First make a backup. Then remove tracks from the collection by 'date added' (if you first export the playlist of this you can try adding all in one batch). Then remove analyses files by the same date (temp save in a sepeate folder in case you'd like to restore the backup).
If you add files by using the playlist all these track will be analyzed into files with different stringnames.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby djmartind on 07 Oct 2017, 17:40

RoJeC wrote:The artwork is stored in the collection database.

You can remove artwork via Info at the right.

The tags including artwork are according to international standards.

So despite that it worked for you it isn't a recommended way. It's more likely you worked around the problem ending up with a well working solution.
Less destructive would be to just go back in time. First make a backup. Then remove tracks from the collection by 'date added' (if you first export the playlist of this you can try adding all in one batch). Then remove analyses files by the same date (temp save in a sepeate folder in case you'd like to restore the backup).
If you add files by using the playlist all these track will be analyzed into files with different stringnames.

Thanks!
djmartind

Postby djdubc on 08 Oct 2017, 02:51

Not worth me doing all of that but I do appreciate the solution(s) I’ll wait until they actually come with an update which I HIGHLY DOUBT MIXVIBES WILL but in the mean time I am gonna use traktor for my djing needs. Peace and love. :cool:
MacBook Pro 9,2 (13-inch, Mid 2012)
Intel core i5-3210M @ 2.5 GHz
8GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM
Intel HD 4000 1536
750GB SSHD 7200RPM
macOS CATALINA 10.5.7
Mixvibes Cross 3.4.3
djdubc

Postby HawnSolo on 15 Oct 2017, 21:31

Sorry that the team has not been able to come up with a fix for you djdubc.

I personally have tried to replicate your issue and haven't had any success. After seeing djmartind's posts, I even tried changing some of my tracks album art to a very large resolution picture, and I still didn't experience any crashes. I am glad that djmartind was able to fix the his issue that way, but yours is most likely a different issue.

I will continue to keep the team updated on this issue, but right now an update or fix for this seems highly unlikely.

Best regards,
Adam @Mixvibes
HawnSolo

Postby djdubc on 18 Oct 2017, 04:29

ALRIGHT!!! I FOUND THE ISSUE!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I have not found a fix, but this is progress..... The issue is adding tracks to the collection; If I add 19 tracks at a time, everything is fine BUT WHEN I ATTEMPT TO ADD 20 FILES AT A TIME, THE PROGRAM CRASHES :!: :!: :!: :!: I have reproduced this issue 5 different times IN A ROW and THE SAME RESULT HAPPENS :!: :!: :!: :!:
8GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM
Intel HD 4000 1536
750GB SSHD 7200RPM
macOS CATALINA 10.5.7
Mixvibes Cross 3.4.3
djdubc

Postby RoJeC on 18 Oct 2017, 09:27

Great you could pinpoint the issue.
As probably not many users add tracks via Files in this volume it makes sense why it was never reported before.
If this can be duplicated it likely is being fixed in the next release.
This together with the Files not showing all audio file types since the last release I suppose.
Ronald

RoJeC

Postby djdubc on 21 Oct 2017, 08:26

That's the thing, I downloaded the update I think a day or so after it's release and I did not have a problem until 3 or so months ago :eek: but first time for everything :cool: and at the same time it sucks because I have folders with over 20 tracks and I cannot open them without the program crashing :cry:
8GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM
Intel HD 4000 1536
750GB SSHD 7200RPM
macOS CATALINA 10.5.7
Mixvibes Cross 3.4.3
djdubc

PreviousNext

Return to Community Support