Problems mapping ACP40mk2 and Ableton (Remixvideo)

Report the issues you noticed while using MixVibes
Forum rules
Users with Cross DJ Mac bought in the App Store please join group User Cross DJ App Store to write in the support forum ucp.php?i=172

Other users must follow these rules.:
* Register your software (User Control Panel > Profile > Serial Number)
* Go to the download center and install the latest versions of software and drivers
* Use the search tool to look into topics
* Check the FAQs to be sure your problem hasn't been solved already
* Write in concise and precise ENGLISH Thank you.

Problems mapping ACP40mk2 and Ableton (Remixvideo)

Postby MetaBaron on 22 May 2017, 19:02

Hey guys!

So I recently got the demo and beta of Remixvideo and ive really been enjoying getting to grips with it, I have come across some frustrating problems which I really hope you can help me out with though.

I installed the VST version of the beta onto ableton and followed the instructional video you guys put, however, when it gets to the part where I want to control RemixVideo with the MIDI controller (I believe you say change to user 2) Im confused as to what to do. basically I can either control ableton, or unselect the MIDI in ableton and only use it for remixvideo.

also when I use remixvideo stand alone program the MIDI mapping is perfect, inside ableton as a VST the MIDI is not the same (for instance the individual volume sliders all control channel 1 and theres a few other details like the colours not changing etc)

anyway I really like this program and will continue to develop my live show on it and buy the full version as long as I can get it to work!

I am using ableton 9 with an APC40 MK2

any help will be greatley appreciated.

cheers
chris
MetaBaron

Re: Problems mapping ACP40mk2 and Ableton (Remixvideo)

Postby daniel clark on 22 May 2017, 20:14

Offtopic.HorsSujet!
sorry to reply with no help ,, but since you have gotten the beta to run ,,may be you can help

viewtopic.php?f=358&t=38374
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby MetaBaron on 22 May 2017, 20:31

Im unsure whether this is a beta issue as im trying to install the demo vst but im just receiving "Installation of both au and vst in.......failed"
(even after uninstalling and reinstalling the program)
MetaBaron

Postby daniel clark on 22 May 2017, 20:40

:idea: will draw some attention back stage of this posting /issue ,, ,,any pertaint info might be helpful ,,as web lagg is horrendious :cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby MetaBaron on 23 May 2017, 13:24

is there possibly someone I can email about this with?

Unfortunately if I cant get this functioning due to my time restraints and the 15 day trial i'll have to start compositing and building my live show using a different program. I cant afford to drop $99 on a program I cant use

cheers!
MetaBaron

Postby apazat on 24 May 2017, 10:06

Hi Chris,

Sorry for the delayed answer.

I have a few questions first, just to be sure I properly understood what you want to achieve.

About your setup :

Do you want to use the provided MIDI mapping for the APC 40 mkII in Remixvideo or create a custom one ?

Do you want to control Ableton and Remixvideo at the same time with your MIDI controller ?

Do you plan on mapping the same knob/button of your control to one function in Ableton and one in Remixvideo ?

Do you use MIDI notes in Ableton tu control Remixvideo (by using the "VST" controller in Remixvideo's MIDI menu ?

About your issues :

Provided MIDI mapping for APC40 doesn't behave the same way in standalone and VST version ?

VST installation is not working with the Beta version but works with the Demo version ?

Could you send me a screenshot of the error message ?

Normally you should be able to have both the demo and beta version installed, and will have to VSTs one named remixvideo-demo.vst and the other remixvide-beta.vst

When I'll have more information about your setup, I'll try to make a similar one on my machine and get something working !
apazat

Return to Technical Support